Pedmore is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire.
Parish church: St Peter
Parish registers begin: 1539
Parishes adjacent to Pedmore
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Pedmore, a parish in Bromsgrove Registration District, Worcester; under Clent hills, 1 ½ mile SSE of Stourbridge r. station. Post-town, Stourbridge. Acres, 1,474. Real property, £4,008. Pop., 297. Houses, 64. The manor belongs to Old Swinford Hospital. P. Hall is the seat of J. Hunt, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £457. Patron, Old Swinford Hospital. The church is Norman, and partially ivy-clad; and has a tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Pedmore – a parish in the hundred of Halfshire, upper division, 1 ½ mile S.S.E. from Stourbridge, and 122 from London; containing 57 inhabited houses. The church is an ancient building, and over the inner door, in the porch, is a curious piece of Saxon sculpture, representing the Deity, surrounded by the symbols of the four evangelists, &c. Nearly the whole of the land in this parish belongs to the hospital at Old Swinford, founded by Mr. Foley. The living is a rectory; Rev. Thomas Philpott, incumbent; instituted 1791; patron, Lord Foley. Population, 1801, 306 – 1811, 284 – 1821, 307.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Bromsgrove
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Kidderminster
- Poor Law Union: Bromsgrove
- Hundred: Halfshire
- Province: Canterbury