Oswaldslow Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822

Oswaldslow – the name of a hundred, lying principally in the centre of the county, though there are some detached parts isolated in Gloucestershire and Warwickshire. The upper division contains Alderminster, Armscot, Blackwell, Blockley, Cleeve-Prior, Cutsdean, Dailsford, Darlingscot, Ditchford, Dorne, Draycot, Evenload, Iccomb, Longton juxta Tredington, Newbold, Paxford, Shipston-upon-Stour, Tidmington, and Tredington. Middle division, Alston, Alvechurch, Bishampton, Bredon, Charlton, Conderton, Cropthorn, Part of Crowle, Elmley-Castle, Fladbury, Hanbury, Harvington, Hill and Moor, Himbleton, Hobslench, Huddington, Inkberrow, Norton juxta Bredon, Overbury, Rous-Lench, Sedgeberrow, Shell, Stock and Bradley, Stoke-Prior, Teddington, Tiberton, Turogmorton (Throckmorton), Washbourne, and Wyre-Piddle. Lower division, Berrow, Bredicot, Broadwas, Churchill, Claines, Crome-D’Abitot, Earls-Crome, Grimley, Hallow, Hartlebury, Hill-Crome, Hinlip, Holdfast and Eastington, Holt, St. John’s-in-Bedwardine, Kempsey, Knightwick, Knighton, Lindridge, Malvern (Little), St. Michael’s-in-Bedwardine, Norton juxta Kempsey, Oddingley, Ombersley, Pendock, Pensax, Redmarley-D’Abitot, Ripple, Spetchley, Stoulton, Warndon, Welland, Whittington, Whiston (Tything of), White-Ladies-Aston, Wichenford, Wick-Episcopi, and Wolverly. The upper division containing 1185 inhabited houses, and 5950 inhabitants; the middle division, 2279 inhabited houses, and 11,788 inhabitants; and the lower division 3706 inhabited houses, and 25,641 inhabitants.

Places within Oswaldslow Hundred

Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.

Similar Posts