Newland is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Worcestershire, created in 1728 from chapelry in Great Malvern Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin: 1562
Newland – a hamlet and chapelry in the parish of Great Malvern, hundred of Pershore, lower division, 6 miles S.W. from Worcester, and 118 from London; containing 25 inhabited houses. Population, 1801, 132 – 1811, 133 – 1821, 125.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
Newland is a chapelry to Great Malvern, from which it is distant about 2 miles. It contained in 1851 a population of 140 inhabitants.
The Chapel is a very small edifice, standing near the road leading to Worcester. There is no stated minister. James Gurney, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., alternately.
Creswell James, farmer
Lakin Henry, steward to Earl Beauchamp, Newland Court
Pullen William, butcher and farmer; house Powick
Williams Jemima, blacksmith and Sub-Postmistress
Williams John, victualler, Swan
Winnall Mr., farmer, Monkfields
Post Office, near the Swan – Jemima Williams, Sub-Postmistress. Delivery, 7 30 a.m.; despatch, 6 30p.m.
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855
Bennett Thomas, farmer
Cresswell James, farmer
Cresswell Thos., solicitor
Hill John, gent.
Mordon M., vict.
Reynolds Thos., farmer
Stephens Wm., farmer
Thomas Rd., farmer
Winnall Thomas, farmer
Source: S Lewis Worcestershire General and Commercial Directory for 1820.