Malvern Wells, Worcestershire

Malvern Wells is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Worcestershire, created in 1836 from Hanley Castle Ancient Parish.

Parish church: St. Peter built 1836

Parish registers begin: 1836

Nonconformists include: Roman Catholic

Parishes adjacent to Malvern Wells

  • Great Malvern
  • Mathon St James
  • Welland
  • Hanley Castle
  • Colwall

Historical Descriptions

Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822

Malvern Wells, about two miles from the village of Great Malvern. Here are two medicinal springs; that called Holy Well is the most frequented. There are also several hotels and boarding houses, where the company may either reside in private apartments, of partake of the social meals provided after the manner of Buxton, Harrowgate [sic], &c.

Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.

Directories

Online Directories

Bentley’s Directory of Hanley Castle 1840 - Archive.org

Directory Transcriptions

Malvern Wells Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855
Malvern Wells Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820

Administration

  • County: Worcestershire
  • Civil Registration District: Upton upon Severn
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Worcester
  • Rural Deanery: Powyke
  • Poor Law Union: Upton upon Severn
  • Hundred: Pershore
  • Province: Canterbury