Malvern Link

Photo of St Matthias' parish church, Church Road, Malvern Link, Worcestershire, seen from the north by Bob Embleton, some rights reserved.

Malvern Link Worcestershire Family History

Malvern Link is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Worcestershire, created in 1845 from Leigh Parish.

Nonconformists: Countess of Huntingdon Methodist.

  • Great Malvern
  • Madresfield
  • Newland
  • Mathon
  • Bransford
  • Leigh

Historical Description

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

Malvern Link, a chapelry in Leigh parish, Worcester; on the Worcester and Malvern railway, 1 mile NE of Great Malvern. It was constituted in 1846; it forms an important suburb of Great Malvern, and is rapidly increasing; and it has a post office, designated Malvern Link, Worcestershire, a railway station, a large and elegant hotel of 1862, and many handsome detached residences.  Pop. in 1861, 1,670. Houses, 319. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £100. Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church was built in 1846; was greatly enlarged in 1860; is in the early English style; and has a tower of two stages, designed to be carried up a third stage, and to be surmounted by a spire. An Independent chapel was built in 1861, and contains about 400 sittings. There are national and British schools. Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Directories

Malvern Link Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855

Administration

  • County: Worcestershire
  • Civil Registration District: Martley
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Worcester
  • Rural Deanery: Powyke
  • Poor Law Union: Martley
  • Hundred: Pershore
  • Province: Canterbury