Parish registers begin:
Parishes adjacent to Little Malvern
Malvern (Little) – a parish, 3 miles distant from Great Malvern, in the lower division of Oswaldslow; containing only 12 inhabited houses. It was formerly a considerable village. The church is in a very dilapidated state: it is a perpetual curacy; the Rev. Rice Jefferys, incumbent; patroness, Mrs. Wakeman. Population, 1801, 34 – 1811, 34 – 1821, 67.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
Little Malvern is a retired romantic spot, lying on the east side of the hill, and running up to its summit, where is a supposed Roman camp, with a treble ditch. Within a musket-shot of the trenches of the camp, in the parish of Colwal, in Herefordshire, was found, in 1650, a coronet or bracelet of gold, set with precious stones, by one Taylor, as he was digging, who sold it to a goldsmith at Gloucester for 37l the goldsmith sold it to a jeweller in London for 250l and afterwards the jeweller sold the stones for 1500l. Among some paintings in the church is that of Edward IV.
Source: Universal British Directory 1791
Little Malvern is a small parish, about 4 miles from Great Malvern, with a population at the last census of 88 inhabitants.
The Church is a small edifice, dedicated to St. Giles, and has a small bell-cot, with one bell. Rev. Edward Culsha, Incumbent. Service - 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. There is a small Roman Catholic Chapel. Rev. W. Scott, Priest.
Berrington Charles M., Esq., The Court
Scott Rev. Wm., Roman Catholic Priest, The Priory
Foreman John, farmer
Hill William, carpenter
Higgins George, farmer
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855
Clark Jeremiah, warrener
Hatch John, farmer
Price James, farmer
Source: S Lewis Worcestershire General and Commercial Directory for 1820.