Knightwick includes: Doddenham and Alton
Knightwick – a parish in the hundred of Oswaldslow, lower division, 8 miles N.W. from Worcester, and 120 from London; containing 24 inhabited houses. It is situated near the river Teme, on the borders of Herefordshire. The living is a rectory, with Doddenham chapel, annexed; the Rev. John Bell, incumbent; instituted 1817; in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. Population, 1801, 158 – 1811, 161 – 1821, 155.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
Knightwick, about eight miles from Worcester, on the borders of Herefordshire, anciently belonged to the priory of Great Malvern. The views on the hills in this parish are extensive; on Ankerdine-hill and Tinkers’ Coppice the prospects are rural, amidst hills and dales. Worcester, Pershore, Cheltenham, Broadway and Bredon hills, and several eminences in Leicestershire, beautify the whole.
Source: Universal British Directory 1791
Knightwick, 8 miles from Worcester, containing 25 houses, and 158 inhabitants. Doddenham and Alton are hamlets to this parish.
Bell Rev. John
Bishop Mary, farmer
Butt John, farmer
Burraston J., farmer
Caswell Joseph, farmer
Done Joseph, farmer
Freeman Edward, esq.
Holmes John, blacksmith
Hyde Thomas, gent.
Hyde John, farmer
Starling Charles, miller
Starling Eliz., gent.
Source: S Lewis Worcestershire General and Commercial Directory for 1820.