Hanley Child is a chapelry of Eastham Ancient Parish in Worcestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1816
For Parish Registers see Eastham
Nonconformists in Hanley Child include: Primitive Methodist and Society of Friends/Quaker.
Parishes adjacent to Hanley Child
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HANLEY-CHILD, or LOWER HANLEY, a chapelry in Eastham parish, Worcester; on the river Teme, near the boundary with Hereford, 4 miles SE by S of Tenbury r. station. Post town, Tenbury. Acres, 922. Rated property, £1,064. Pop., 199. Houses, 40. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Eastham, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Hanley-Child, a chapelry in the parish of Eastham, county of Worcester; 4 miles east-south east of Tenbury. Acres 1,110. Houses 39. A.P. £694. Pop, in 1801, 158; in 1831, 210. Poor rates, in 1838, £48 7s.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
HANLEY-CHILD, a chapelry, in the parish of Eastham, union of Tenbury, Upper division of the hundred of Doddingtree, Tenbury and W. divisions of the county of Worcester, 5 miles (S. E. by E.) from Tenbury; containing 170 inhabitants. It consists of 923a. 2r. 8p., of a productive soil and hilly surface, and is intersected by the road from Tenbury to Droitwich. The tithes have been commuted for £140, and there is a glebe of 25½ acres. The chapel stands in an elevated situation three miles south of the parish church, and is a stone structure with a tower: it has been twice struck by lightning.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1831
Hanley-Child, a chapelry in the parish of Eastham, upper division of the hundred of Doddingtree, county of Worcester, 5 miles (S. E. by E.) from Tenbury, containing 195 inhabitants.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831
Worcestershire Delineated 1822
Hanley-Child – a hamlet and chapelry in the parish of Eastham, Worcestershire, hundred of Doddingtree, upper division, 4 ½ miles S.E. from Tenbury, and 129 from London; containing 36 inhabited houses. Population, 1801, 158 – 1811, 151 – 1821, 195.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
Marriages at Hanley Child 1756 to 1836
The registers of Eastham (with Hanley Child and Orleton) and Hanley William, in the Deanery of Burford, 1572 to 1812 by Eastham (England : Parish); Lea, E. E; Worcestershire Parish Register Society.
England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975 - FamilySearch
England Marriages, 1538–1973 - FamilySearch
England and Wales Census Records - FamilySearch
Hanley Child Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820
Bullock James, farmer
Bray Robert, farmer
Eaton James, shoemaker
Hyde John, farmer
Jones William, farmer
Lokier Richard, farmer
Morris Samuel, farmer
Powell John, shopkeeper
Sanders John, farmer
Spilsbury William, farmer
Spilsbury John, farmer
Wastell John, farmer
Weaver William, farmer
Webb John, farmer
Source: S Lewis Worcestershire General and Commercial Directory for 1820.
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Tenbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Burford
- Poor Law Union: Tenbury
- Hundred: Doddingtree
- Province: Canterbury