Hadzor is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire.
Alternative Names: Hadsor
Parish Church: St. John
Parish registers begin: 1554
Parishes contiguous to Hadzor
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales 1870
Hadsor, a parish in Droitwich district, Worcester; on the Saltway, the Birmingham and Worcester canal, and the Birmingham and Bristol railway, 1 mile SE of Droitwich. Post town, Droitwich. Acres, 940. Real property, £1, 525. Pop., 158. Houses, 29. Hadsor Hall, a handsome mansion, is the seat of the Galtons. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £254. Patron, J. H. Galton, Esq. The church is ancient, and was restored in 1835.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Hadsor – a small parish in the hundred of Halfshire, upper division, 1 mile S.E. from Droitwich, and 119 from London; containing 22 inhabited houses. It is a rectory; Rev. Richard H. Amphlett, incumbent in his own right; instituted 1808. Population, 1801, 90 – 1811, 97 – 1821, 135.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Droitwich
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Droitwich
- Poor Law Union: Droitwich
- Hundred: Halfshire
- Province: Canterbury
- Petty Sessional Division: Droitwich
- County Court District: Droitwich
- Highway District: Redditch