Dodderhill is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire. Elmbridge is a chapelry of Dodderhill.
Other places in the parish include: Dodderhill In Liberties, Dodderhill common, Huntingdrop, Timberhonger, Impney, Rashwood, Astwood and Shaw Lane.
Parish Church: St. Augustine
The earliest register is dated 1651.
Nonconformists included in Dodderhill: Independent/Congregational
Table of Contents
- Parishes adjacent to Dodderhill
- Historical Descriptions of Dodderhill
- Parish Records
- Birth, Marriage, & Death Records - FamilySearch
- Census Records - FamilySearch
Parishes adjacent to Dodderhill
- Droitwich St Nicholas
- Grafton Manor
- Upton Warren
- Marlborough in the Vines
- Droitwich St Peter
- Stoke Prior
Historical Descriptions of Dodderhill
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales 1870
Dodderhill, a village and a parish in Droitwich district, and within Droitwich parliamentary borough, Worcester. The village stands in the vicinity of the Birmingham and Worcester canal and the Birmingham and Gloucester railway, ½ a mile N of Droitwich; and had anciently an hospital, founded, in the time of Edward I., by William de Dovere. The parish includes also In-Liberties within Droitwich municipal borough, and the chapelry of Elmbridge. Post town, Droitwich. Acres, 5,450. Real property of Dodderhill-proper and Elmbridge, £11,414. Pop., 2, 141. Houses, 463. The property is much subdivided. Some of the inhabitants are employed in paper-mills and salt-works. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Elmbridge, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £500.* Patron, Mr. Jackson. The church shows some curious features, partly Norman; was much injured during the civil war, and afterwards restored; and has a tower and monumental tablets. There are an Independent chapel, a national school, and charities £38.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Dodderhill, a parish partly in the borough of Droitwich, and partly in the upper division of the hund. of Halfshire, union of Droitwich, county of Worcester; ½ mile north from Droitwich, in the neighbourhood of the Birmingham and Gloucester railway, and the Birmingham and Worcester canal. It includes the chapelry of Elmbridge. Living, a vicarage, with the curacy of Elmbridge, in the archd. and dio. of Worcester; rated at £12 12s. 3½d.; gross income £500. Patroness, in 1835, Mrs. Penrice. Here is a daily school, partly supported by endowment. Houses 380. Pop., in 1801, 1,445 ; in 1831. 1,799. Poor rates, in 1837, £1,058.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Dodderhill (St. Augustine), a parish, in the union, and partly within the borough, of Droitwich, but chiefly in the Upper division of the hundred of Halfshire, Droitwich and E. divisions of the county of Worcester, ½ a mile (N.) from Droitwich; containing, with the chapelry of Elmbridge, 2130 inhabitants. It is intersected by the river Salwarp and the road from Droitwich to Bromsgrove, and consists of 5024 acres of a rich and highly productive soil. The Birmingham canal and the Birmingham and Gloucester railway pass near its eastern extremity. The living is a vicarage, endowed with part of the rectorial tithes, and valued in the King's books at £12. 12. 3½., with a net income of £500; it is in the patronage of Mrs. Penrice, and several individuals have the impropriation of the remainder of the rectorial tithes. The church is a curious edifice: having been partly destroyed in the parliamentary war, it was rebuilt, and now consists of the north transept of a Norman church, with a chancel of later date, and a tower in the place of the south transept. At Elmbridge is a chapel of ease. There is a school with an endowment; and several small benefactions are distributed among the poor. A free chapel, or hospital, was founded in the 13th of Edward I., and dedicated to St. Mary, by William de Dovere, for a master and poor brethren, who were under the government of the prior of Worcester, and whose lands, at the suppression of free chapels in the reign of Edward VI., were valued at £21. 11. 8.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Dodderhill – a parish in the hundred of Halfshire, upper division, adjoining Droitwich, 7 miles N.N.E. from Worcester, Worcestershire, and 118 from London; containing 145 inhabited houses. The church stands upon a hill, and has lately been repaired at a considerable expense. It is a vicarage, with the chapelry of Elmbridge annexed; Rev. John Amphlett, D.D., incumbent; instituted 1789; G. Penrice, Esq., patron. Population, 1801, 677 – 1811, 665 – 1821, 734.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
Birth, Marriage, & Death Records - FamilySearch
Census Records - FamilySearch
|England and Wales Census, 1881|
|England and Wales Census, 1871|
|England and Wales Census, 1851|
|England and Wales Census, 1841|
|England and Wales Census, 1861|
|England and Wales Census, 1901|
|England and Wales Census, 1911|
|England and Wales Census, 1891|
Dodderhill Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855
Dodderhill is an extensive and thickly-populated parish, situated in an easterly direction from the town of Droitwich. It contained in 1851 a population of 1200; Elmbridge, 400; and the In-Liberties, 589; making a total for the whole parish of 2189 inhabitants.
We find that in times long gone by, the church and patronage of Dodderhill formed a bone of great contention between the Prior and Convent of Worcester, the poor nuns of Westwood, and private individuals, claiming the advowson. In the year 1313, the Prior came into full possession. It appears that at this period there was no bridge over the Severn between Gloucester and Bridgnorth, except that at Worcester, and as monasteries in those days were places in which the weary traveller always found a welcome, the influx through this part of the country was found to be so great, that the claims upon the Prior and convent far exceeded their means; they therefore laid a statement of their losses and burdens before the Bishop, praying restoration and assistance, upon which he gave them the benefit of the church of Dodderhill, which was further confirmed and continued till the dissolution of religious houses. One of our historians states that a convent of Augustine friars, with an anchoret’s cell, was founded here in the fourteenth century, by one of the Beauchamps; and there was formerly an hospital here subordinate to the Prior of Worcester; portions of the old hospital are still in existence. At the foot pf the bank on which stands the church is a timber-framed structure, probably between three and four hundred years old.
ELMBRIDGE, originally written Elmerige, is a chapelry of Dodderhill, about four miles from Droitwich, containing a population of 400 inhabitants.
WICHBOLD is a village in the parish of Dodderhill, about 2 ½ miles on the Bromsgrove road.
The CHURCH, dedicated to St. Augustine, is a very ancient pile of building, standing at the south-west extremity of the parish, on an eminence close to the town of Droitwich, of which it commands an entire view. The church consists of chancel, north and south transepts, with square massive and fortress-like tower, over the south transept. The oldest portions of the building are in the transition from the Norman to the early English style of architecture. The church has undergone very extensive repairs and improvements. There are several handsome stained glass windows, and the one in the eastern chancel has five lights, the centre one containing a beautiful representation of our Saviour. The cost of repairs, exclusive of the painted glass windows, was about £400. There are several monuments worthy of note; one to the memory of Philip Brace, 1671, patron of this church, with his three sons and five daughters; one to Gilbert Penrice, patron, 1726; Rev. Humphrey Penrice, for fifty years vicar of the parish, who died in 1771; Rev. J. Amphlett, vicar for forty-five years, died 1834. There is a curious one to Mr. Gerard Danet, of Elmbridge, his wife and four children; there is another to Thomas Danet, of Elmbridge, who filled the office of Sheriff of Worcestershire in 1654-5, during the Protectorate of Cromwell; and also one to John Danet, of the same place, 1718-19. In the north transept is a mural tablet, with a Latin inscription, to the children of Edward Phillips, Clerk, 1656; and the south transept has a brass with an inscription to John Brace, heir of the ancient inheritance of the Braces of Doverdale and Droitwich (1630). In the burial-ground repose the bones of E. B. Penrice, Esq., the first mayor of Droitwich under the Municipal Act, and those of Coningsby Norbury, Esq., who, as it appears by an inscription in St. Andrew’s church, Droitwich, was captain of a war ship and envoy from George I to the court of Morocco, to redeem British slaves. He was with Admiral Benbow in the West Indies, and with Sir George Byng in the battle of Syracuse. The living of Dodderhill, with the chapelry of Elmbridge, is a Vicarage, the patronage of which is vested in the hands of trustees. Rev. George John Wild, B.C.L., Vicar; Mr. William Chatterton, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m.
The CHAPEL OF ELMBRIDGE, distant from Dodderhill about 2½ miles, in a north-easterly direction, consists of nave, chancel, and north aisle, divided from the nave by three semicircular arches, supported by circular pillars. The east chancel window has three lights, of stained glass, the central one containing a representation of the Crucifixion, the others scriptural devices. The chancel contains an ancient piscina in the south wall. The chapel has undergone an entire restoration, and the interior is neatly fitted up. The font is of octagonal shape, with fluted sides. In the north wall of the chapel is an ancient brass plate, dated 1752, to the memory of John Danet, of Elmbridge Hall, a descendant of the ancient family of the Danets, of Danet Hall, near Leicester. Service – 2 15 p.m.
The INDEPENDENT CHAPEL AT WICHBOLD is a small brick building, erected in the year 1836, by Mr. Stokes, late of this parish. It is sufficiently large to seat about 100 persons, and is supplied by circuit preachers. Service – 3 and 6 p.m.
DODDERHILL NATION SCHOOL, situated at Wichbold, about two miles form the parish church, is a neat brick building, erected in the year 1845, by voluntary contribution and a Government grant, for the education of the children of Dodderhill and the adjacent parishes. It is under Government inspection. It is also licensed for the performance of diving service weekly. Service – 3 30 p.m. Mr. Thomas Wood, Master; Mrs. Jane Wood, Mistress. Number of scholars, boys and girls, 70.
ELMBRIDGE AND RUSHOCK FREE SCHOOL, situate at Cutnal Green, Elmbridge, was erected in 1702, and endowed with landed property and money by Mr. William Norris, for the education of thirty boys of the parishes of Elmbridge and Rushock. Mr. John Evans, Master.
DODDERHILL CHARITIES. – Sarah Penrice gave by will, 1784, the sum of £5; Thomas Wylde, by deed, gave houses and land, the rents arising therefrom to be applied for the benefit of the poor; and Catherine Talbot, by will, gave £1 annually for the same purpose.
ELMBRIDGE CHARITIES. – William Norris, gent., of Elmbridge, in 1702, erected a charity school at Cutnal Green, for the education of fifteen children of Elmbridge, and endowed the same with £11 annually. – Mr. Fouch Bourne gave £2, and Mr. Edmund Brod gave 3s. 4d. annually for the benefit of the poor.
Ricketts William Henry, Esq., Hill Court
Smith Thomas Grove, Esq., Magistrate, Rashwood House
Tolley Mr. John, West Ford
Wall Mrs. Mary, The Ford
Wild Rev. George John, B.C.L., Vicar, Vicarage
Banister Edward, farmer, Piper’s Hill
Baylis Philip, farmer, Rashwood; also of Wichbold Farm
Beck Thomas, shoe maker, Dodderhill Common
Blick John, solicitor, Hill Court House
Bridge Samuel, shopkeeper
Cope Elijah, victualler, plumber and glazier, and shopkeeper, Bowling Green Inn
Dalloe Thomas, farmer, Help Bridge
Dyson Thomas, farm bailiff to Mr. Thos. Harris, Little Ridgeway
Gerrard John, farmer, Park Farm
Godfrey Thomas, shoe maker
Guise George, shoe maker, Hill End
Guise William, farmer, Henbrook
Hammond William, victualler, George Inn
Ingram William, farmer, Sharpway Gate
Manton John, shopkeeper
Nash Thomas, farmer, Causeway Meadow; also of Red House
Perkins Frederick, farmer, Hunting Drop
Reeves James, beer retailer and butcher
Roe Sarah, farmer, Astwood
Rose Thomas, farmer, Ridgeway; also of Kennett’s Hall
Taylor Thomas, coal merchant, Astwood Wharf
Thould Thomas, miller and corn dealer, Impney Lodge
Underhill James, shopkeeper
Wall John, farmer, Rashwood; also of Walk Mills and The Ford
Wall Thomas, farmer, East Ford
Weaver Thomas, carpenter, and brick and tile maker
Weetman Michael, blacksmith
Wheeler John, farmer, Sagebury, and Hobden Hall
Williams Thomas, Police Officer, Station
Wilson John, farmer and maltster, Astwood; also of The Elms
Wilson Matthew, farmer
Wilson Sarah, victualler, Robin Hood, Rashwood
Wilson Thomas, farmer, Impney; also of St. Peter’s
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855
Dodderhill Littleburys Directory 1879
Dodderhill is a large parish, a small portion (called “The In-Liberties”) being within the municipal borough of Droitwich, and the remainder in the county. It is in the eastern division of the county and hundred of Upper Halfshire; in the parliamentary borough, polling district, petty sessional division, poor-law union, and county court district of Droitwich; annual rateable value, £11,653; acreage, 3,442; population in 1861, without Elmbridge chapelry or the In-Liberties, 1,195; in 1871, 1,410; inhabited houses, 296; families or separate occupiers, 325. The Right Hon. Lord Hampton and Harry Foley Vernon, Esq., are owners of the manorial rights, and besides them the principal landowners are John Corbett, Esq., M.P., the Right Hon. Sir Richard Paul Amphlett, Knt., and John Blick, Esq. The soil is varied, being strong marl, clay, and sandy loam; chief crops, wheat, barley, beans, and turnips. Dodderhill common, of which 40 acres are in this parish, is finely timbered and unenclosed. Huntingdrop common, containing 19 acres, is also unenclosed. Detached parts of the parish lie at Huntingdrop, 2 miles E. of Droitwich, and at Timberhonger, 2 miles W. of Bromsgrove, the former the property of H. F. Vernon, Esq., and the latter of the Earl of Shrewsbury. Dodderhill is in the diocese and archdeaconry of Worcester and rural deanery of Wych; living, a vicarage, value £560, with residence; patron John Corbett, Esq., M.P.; vicar, Rev. Henry Nicholson, M.A., Emmanuel College, Cambridge, who was instituted in 1863, and is also incumbent of Elmbridge. Lord Hampton and Mr. Blick are owners of the impropriate tithes. The chapelry of Elmbridge has been separated from the vicarage of Dodderhill, and constituted a perpetual curacy, with an endowment of £214 17s. 3d. tithe commutation rent-charges. The church of St. Augustine is a fine cruciform structure situated on an elevated terrace at the S.W. extremity of the parish and close to the town of Droitwich, of which it commands an entire view. It contains a chancel, with transepts and tower, but no nave, which, having been damaged in the civil wars, when the church was regularly occupied by troops, become ruinous, and was destroyed early in the last century. Restorations were effected in 1845 and 1874. There is late Norman, Transitional, and Early English work, and some interesting monuments and a hagioscope are to be seen here. The earliest register is dated 1651. Wychbold is a pleasant village 2 miles N.E. on the road to Bromsgrove. The river Salwarpe runs here and works two cornmills. The national schoolroom is licensed for divine worship. Service is held on Sundays at 3 p.m. There is also a Congregational chapel erected in 1836. Astwood and Shaw Lane have become a populous district, being adjacent to the extensive salt-works at Stoke Prior, the property of John Corbett, Esq., M.P., who has erected numerous comfortable dwellings for the workmen in his employ. The new schools here, opened in September 1872, form a prominent feature in the neighbourhood, and cost over £2,000, which was defrayed by Mr. Corbett. The building is licensed for divine worship. (Further particulars are given under the head of “Stoke Prior.”) There are several handsome residences in Dodderhill parish. Impney, the seat of John Corbett, Esq., M.P. for the borough of Droitwich, is a new and elegant mansion about half a mile N. of that town. It was erected from designs of Mons. Tronquois of Paris, assisted by Mr. Spiers, professor of architecture to the South Kensington museum. Wychbold Hall is the seat of the Right Hon. Sir Richard Paul Amphlett, Knt., D.L. Hill Court, close to Droitwich, is the residence of the Misses Ricketts.
POSTAL REGULATIONS. – Letters arrive by messenger from Droitwich. The wall letter-box near the Crown Inn, Wychbold, is cleared at 6 p.m. on week-days, and at 8 a.m. on Sundays. Droitwich is the nearest money-order and telegraph office and post town. Letters for Astwood should be addressed – Astwood, Stoke Works, Bromsgrove.
Parish Church (St. Augustine’s). – Rev. Henry Nicholson, M.A., Vicar; Rev. Arthur Charles Dyer, B.A., Curate; Mr. Edwin Chance Hunt, Organist; John Seymour Guise, Parish Clerk.
National School (boys, girls, and infants), Wychbold. – Mrs. Mary Jane Hyatt, Mistress.
Congregational Chapel, Wychbold. – Ministers various.
Stoke Prior Working-Men’s Club (in Dodderhill parish). – [For names of officers, &c., see Stoke Prior.]
Assistant Overseer. – Mr. James Taylor, Droitwich.
Amphlett The Right Hon. Sir Richard Paul, Knt., D.L., Wychbold hall; and 32 Wimpole street, London, W.
Bennett Mrs. S., Yew-tree cot., Wychbold
Benton Mr. George Sollers, Ridgway house, Wychbold
Blick John, Esq. (major of 2nd battalion Worcestershire rifle volunteers), Hill ct.
Corbett John, Esq., M.P. (for the borough of Droitwich), J.P. and D.L. (for the county of Worcester), Impney; and 6A Waterloo pl., Pall Mall, London, S.W.
Crowther C. W., Esq., Wychbold villa
Dugard Miss Phoebe, Wychbold cottage
Farmer Mrs., Wychbold
Firmin Mr. George Peppercorne, Over-street house, Wychbold
Morris Mrs., Cypress cot., Dodderhill com.
Nash Mrs. Fanny, Causeway meadow
Nicholson Rev. Henry, M.A. (vicar), The Vicarage
Popplewell Frederick, Esq., Elm court, Wychbold
Ricketts The Misses, Hill court
Simmons Mr. William, West Ford house
Smith Mrs. T. G., Rashwood house
Wheeler Mrs. M., The Hollies, Wychbold
Wilson Miss Susan, Brook ho., Wychbold
AGRICULTURAL & COMMERCIAL.
Ballinger William, farmer, Piper’s hill
Barber James, shopkeeper, Wychbold
Barker Peter, shopkeeper, Wychbold
Bayliss Miss Jane, farmer, Rashwood
Bell James, police sergeant, Wychbold
Birch John, farmer, Nott’s farm; res., Sharpway gate, Stoke Prior, Bromsgrove
Bowen Edward, farmer, Park farm
Bray Henry, farmer, The Poplars
Cockbill James, shopkpr., nr. Stoke works
Cope Elijah, plumber and glazier, Bowling Green Inn, near Stoke Works
Crump Mrs. Sarah, Crown Inn, Wychbold
Dalloe John, farmer & butcher, Ridgway
Dugard Mrs. Frances, farmer, Wychbold
Fagg Harrison, architect, and clerk of the works to John Corbett, Esq., M.P., Dodderhill villa
Hancock George, farmer, Sagebury
Harbach Mrs. E., blacksmith, Wychbold
Harris Henry, threshing machine proprietor, Wychbold
Hodgkins Joseph, shoemaker, Wychbold
Hunt John, farm bailiff, Ridgway
Hyatt Jas., coml. Clerk, School ho., Wychb.
Hyatt Mrs. M. J., schoolmistress, Wychb.
Jackson Thomas Bates, miller and farmer, Wychbold mill; res., Wychbold court
Johns Miss, dressmaker, Astwood cots.
Manton John, Robin Hood Inn, Rashwood
Morris Wm., coal & lime mrcht., Wychbold
Palmer Mrs. E., farmer, Huntingdrop fm.
Petford Thomas, farmer, Hillfields
Reeves William, butcher and beer retlr. (Butchers’ Arms), near Stoke works
Roe Martin, farmer, Astwood; and at Arborhill and the Pools fm., Stoke Prior
Rose Mrs., farmer, Ridgway
Seal John, miller, Upper mill, Wychbold
Simmons Mrs. and Horton Miss, ladies’ boarding school, West Ford house
Smith Frederick Thomas, threshing machine and cider mill propr., Wychbold
Tandy C., farmer and dealer, Little Gains
Temple M., head gardener for John Corbett Esq., M.P., The Gardens, Impney
Tipping George, wheelwright, carpenter, coffin maker, &c., Wychbold
Tubey John, coal & timber dlr., Wychbold
Vine John, plasterer, Vine cot., Rashwood
Waddams Thomas, farmer and cattle dealer, The Brine pits
Wall John, farmer, Rashwood
Wall Thomas, farmer, The Ford farm; and at Hill court and Ridgway
Weaver Tomas, builder, carpenter, brickmaker, and farmer, Astwood
Wilson John, farmer and landowner, Astwood; and at Gateley farm, Elmbridge; and Yew-tree Hill farm, St. Peter’s, Droitwich. Postal address – Stoke works, Bromsgrove
Wilson John, farmer, Impney
Wilson Matthew, farmer and landowner, Causeway Meadow farm; res., Newland house, Salwarpe
Wilson W., frmr., Hobden hall; res., Crutch
Workman Moses, shopkeeper, Henbrook
Source: Littlebury, Littlebury’s Directory and Gazetteer of Worcester & District, Third Edition. Printed by Ballantyne, Hanson & Co. 1879.
Dodderhill with Wychbold Astwood Rashwood and lmpney Littleburys Directory 1905
DODDERHILL, WITH WYCHBOLD, ASTWOOD, RASH WOOD, & IMPNEY.
DISTANCES - Dodderhill adjoins Droitwich but extends 3 miles N. E. on the Bromsgrove road.
POPULATION - In 1901, 1575. Acreage, 3488.
POSTAL INFORMATION - Letters are received through Droitwich, which is the nearest money order and telegraph office.
POST AND TELEGRAPH OFFICE, Wychbold; W. S. Solven, Sub-Postmaster. Letters arrive by messenger from Droitwich about 8.15 a.m.; despatched thereto at 1.15 and 6.5 p.m. on week-days and at 8.0 a.m. on Sundays. Telegrams may be sent from this office. Post town, Droitwich.
The Wall Letter-box, Rashwood (near Council School), is cleared at 1.25 and 6.25 p.m. on week-days and at 8.35 a.m. on Sundays.
The Wall Letter-box near Bowling Green Inn cleared at 5.40 p.m. week-days only. Letters for ASTWOOD and SHAW LANE are received through Bromsgrove.
PARISH CHURCH (ST. AUGUSTINE'S) - Rev. Clement Price, M.A., Vicar; G. Bourne and J. H. Hollyer, Churchwardens ; Thomas Harris, Parish Clerk.
WYCHBOLD PARISH CHURCH (ST. MARY DE WYCHE) - Rev. Robert Male, Vicar; Rev. Charles Stephens, Curate; T. C. Williams and Jabez Simmonds, Churchwardens ; Henry Harbach, Parish Clerk.
COUNCIL SCHOOL (boys, girls, and infants), Rashwood - Thomas Jones, Master; Miss Jessie Andrews, Infants' Mistress.
COUNCIL SCHOOL (boys, girls, and infants), Shaw Lane - Thomas Cooper Williams, Master; Miss Helen Maria Lambie, Mistress.
Amphlett Richard Holmden, K. C., J.P. (recorder of Worcester), Wychbold hall
Anderson Mrs. Mary, farmer, Helpridge
Baker James Thomas, farmer, Ridgeway
Cockbill James, grocer, &c., Shaw lane
Colley John, farmer, Little Gains
Cooper Josiah, Wychbold villa
Cresswell George, farmer, The Poplars
Crumpton Harry, Crown Inn, Wychbold
Dugard William Henry, Wychbold
Ellery E. G., Robin Hood Inn.
Ellery Edwin, wheelwright, Wychbold
Everett Mrs., Hill Court house
Fryer George, Sagebury cottage, Shaw lane
Gibbons George, timber merchant
Giddard John, dairyman, Wychbold
Griffin Thomas, farmer, Kingsland hill and Colley pit
Hall Herbert, estate agent to Dr. Thomas Corbett, Dodderhill court
Harbach Henry, blacksmith, &c.., Wychbold
Harriss Mrs., Dodderhill villa
Hartle James, boot and shoe maker, Wychbold
Harvey Edgar J., farmer, Ridgeway farm
Hollyer Joseph Henry, Rashwood
Holmes Thomas, farmer, Brook house
Horton Mrs. Sarah, farmer, Impney
Inston Henry, farmer, Grange farm
Jackson Mrs. Caroline, farmer, Park farm
Jones John, bricklayer & farmer, Wychbold
Jones Thomas, schoolmaster, Rashwood
Jordan Frank, head gardener, Impney
Kendrick George, Rashwood cottage
Key W. & P. L. King, Bowling Green Inn
Knight E., shopkeeper, Wychbold
Male Rev. Robert, M.A. (vicar of Wychbold), The Vicarage, Wychbold
Oyler George, Low edge, Wychbold
Palmer William, farmer, Astwood
Petford Thomas, farmer, Hill fields
Price Rev. Clement, M.A. (vicar of Dodderhill), Impney
Pritchard Wm., miller & farmer, Wychbold
Radcliffe Bernard, West Ford house
Reeves William, butcher and beer retailer, Shaw lane
Roe Martin, farmer, Astwood
Russon E. G., Upper street
Smith A., Elm court, Wychbold
Smith Mrs., Yew tree farm, Rashwood
Solven W. S., sub-postmaster, Post-office, Wychbold
Steele Abel Wm., frmr., Dodderhill common
Steele Mrs. Wm., frmr., Dodderhill common
Stevens Charles, sanitary inspector to Droitwich rural council, The Laurels, Wychbold
Wall George Harvey, farmer, Rashwood
Wall J. Vernon, surveyor to Droitwich rural district council, Upper Ford
Williams Thos. C., schoolmaster, Shaw lane
Wilson Mrs. J.,frmr. & landowner, Astwood
Wilson Thos. M., frmr., Causeway meadow
Wilson William, farmer, Obden farm
Winnall Charles H., farmer, Brine pits
Source: Littlebury’s Directory of Worcester & District. Tenth Edition. Printed and Published by Littlebury & Company, The Worcester Press, Worcester. 1905.
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Droitwich
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Droitwich
- Poor Law Union: Droitwich
- Hundred: Droitwich Borough; Halfshire
- Province: Canterbury
- Parliamentary Borough: Droitwich
- Polling District: Droitwich
- Petty Sessional Division: Droitwich
- County Court District: Droitwich