Crutch was formerly an extra-parochial place of Dodderhill, but is now a parish, constituted under 20th Victoria, c. 19. in the county of Worcestershire.
Parishes adjacent to Crutch
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales 1870
Crutch, an extra-parochial tract in Droitwich district, Worcester; within Droitwich borough, 2 miles N of Droitwich. Acres, 330. Pop., 11 . House, 1.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Crutch, an extra-parochial district in the upper division of the hund. of Halfshire, county of Worcester; 2 miles north of Droitwich, with which borough it is now included.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
Crutch, an extra-parochial district, in the Upper division of the hundred of Halfshire, Droitwich and E. divisions of the county of Worcester, 2 miles (N.) from Droitwich; containing 9 inhabitants, and comprising 240 acres. It lies to the east of the road from Droitwich to Kidderminster.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
Crutch Littleburys Directory 1879
Crutch was formerly an extra-parochial place of Dodderhill, but is now a parish, constituted under 20th Victoria, c. 19. It is distant 2 miles N. of Droitwich, and consists of one farm; is in the eastern division of the county, hundred of Upper Halfshire, union, county court district, petty sessional division, and parliamentary borough of Droitwich; annual rateable value, £470; population in 1861, 11, and in 1871, 10. The area is 310 statute acres; soil, clay and marl. R. A. Douglas Gresley, Esq., and the Executors of the late Rev. H. T. Philpott, are lords of the manor and owners of the soil. Crutch belonged anciently to the nunnery of Westwood; at the termination of the dispute between that house and the monks of Worcester, in 1313, it was discharged from payment of tithes, and became extra-parochial.
POSTAL REGULATIONS. – Letters are received through Droitwich, its nearest money-order and telegraph office and post town.
RESIDENT. – Wilson William, farmer, Crutch farm.
Source: Littlebury, Littlebury’s Directory and Gazetteer of Worcester & District, Third Edition. Printed by Ballantyne, Hanson & Co. 1879.
Crutch Billings Directory 1855
Crutch is an extra-parochial estate, situate about a mile and a half in a N.E. direction from Droitwich, on the road to Elmbridge, and adjoining Dodderhill. It contained in 1851 a population of 7 persons.
Wilson William, farmer
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855
County Express – Worcestershire
Worcester Journal – Findmypast
Berrow’s Worcester Journal – Newspapers.com
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Droitwich
- Probate Court: Search the courts of the surrounding parishes
- Diocese: Not Applicable
- Rural Deanery: Not Applicable
- Poor Law Union: Droitwich
- Hundred: Halfshire
- Province: Canterbury
- County Court District: Droitwich
- Petty Sessional Division: Droitwich
- Parliamentary Borough: Droitwich