Croome D’Abitot Littleburys Worcester Directory 1905

Distances – 8 miles S.E. of Worcester, 4 N.E of Upton-on-Severn, and 5 W. of Pershore.
Population – In 1901, 160. Acreage 1164.
Postal Information – Post Office, High Green; Wilson Price, Sub- Postmaster. Letters are received from Worcester via Severn Stoke at 7.0 a.m. and 5. 0 p.m. on week-days; on Sundays at 7.0 a.m. only; despatched at 6.15 p.m. week-days and Sundays. Postal orders are issued here and paid. Severn Stoke is the nearest money order and telegraph office. Post town, Worcester.
Parish Church (St. James’s) – Rev. Hugh Frederick Bennett, M.A., Rector; the Earl of Coventry and W. A. Hanson, Churchwardens; Thomas Clifford, Parish Clerk. The children of this parish attend the School at Severn Stoke.

Residents

Coventry The Right Hon. The Earl of, P.C. (Lord-Lieutenant of the County), Croome court; and 1 Balfour place, Park Lane, London, W., and White’s, Turf, and Carlton Clubs, S.W.
Chamberlain M. T., farm bailiff to Earl Coventry
Dachicour Henry, house steward to the Earl of Coventry
Davies Thomas, huntsman, The Kennels
Denley William, head gamekeeper to the Earl of Coventry
Gallie John A., forester to Earl Coventry
Garrett Wm., stud groom to Earl Coventry
Hanson Wm., beer retailer, Coventry Arms
Harding Clemenson, frmr., High green fm.
Hill John, land steward to the Earl of Coventry; residence, Severn Stoke
Price Wilson, blacksmith & sub-postmaster
Robinson Wm., headgrdnr. To Earl Coventry
Source: Littlebury’s Directory of Worcester & District. Tenth Edition. Printed and Published by Littlebury & Company, The Worcester Press, Worcester. 1905.