Cofton Hackett is a chapelry of Northfield Ancient Parish in Worcestershire.
Alternative names: Coston Hackett, Corston-Hacket
Parish registers begin: 1550
Corston-Hacket, 5 m. N.E. Bromesgrove. P. 211
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Cofton-Hacket – a hamlet in the parish of Northfield, Halfshire hundred, upper division, 4 ½ miles N.E. from Bromsgrove, and 116 from London; containing 35 inhabited houses. It has a chapel privileged with burials. Population, 1801, 155 – 1811, 162 – 1821, 187.
Cofton-Hall, in the above parish, for many years the residence of the Jolliffe family, and lately of Robert Biddulph, Esq. It is now the property of the Earl of Plymouth, and is in the occupation of Mr. Moore, a respectable farmer.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
Coston Hackett, or Cofton Hackett, is a small agricultural parish, about 3 miles from Bromsgrove, containing in 1851 a population of 183 inhabitants.
The Church is a old plain structure, with nave and chancel. Rev. H. Clarke, Rector; Rev. William T. Henham, Curate; Mr. Thomas Harris, Clerk. Service - 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Merry John, Esq., magistrate, Gravelly House
Drew George, shoe maker
Fisher Thomas, farmer, The Common
Laugher John, farmer, Gravelly Lane
Penn Thomas, farmer, The Hall
Perkins Thomas, farmer, Low Hill
Stibbs Edward, blacksmith, farmer, and shopkeeper
Terry James, farmer, Cofton Richards
Yardley Samuel, farmer, Gravelly Farm
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855