Church Honeybourne is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire.
Parish church: St. Egwin
Parish registers begin: 1673
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Church Honeybourne
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHURCH-HONEYBOURNE-WITH-PODEN, a parish in Evesham district, Worcester; on the West Midland railway, at Honeybourne station, 5 miles E of Evesham. Post town, Broadway. Acres, 1,312. Real property, £1,963. Pop., 144. Houses, 27. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £285. Patron, the Rev. R. Poole. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Church-Honeyborn with Poden, 4½ m. E. Evesham. P. 393
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
HONEYBOURNE, CHURCH (St. Egwin), a parish, in the union of Evesham, Upper division of the hundred of Blackenhurst, Pershore and E. divisions of the county of Worcester, 5 miles (E.) from Evesham; containing 119 inhabitants. This place is recorded in Domesday book as belonging to the famous abbey of Evesham: at the Dissolution, the greater part of the abbey lands here were given to the Dean and Chapter of Westminster. The parish forms an insulated portion of the county, surrounded on all sides, except the northwest, by Gloucestershire; and consists of 1296 acres, of which the greater part is pasture. The living is a vicarage, with the living of Cow-Honeybourne annexed, valued in the king’s books at £6. 4. 4½.; patron, the Rev. Augustus Stapylton; appropriators, the Dean and Chapter of Westminster. The income consists of a rent-charge of £80, for which the vicarial tithes have been commuted; 100 guineas per annum, left by Mrs. Williams, widow of the late vicar; and a certain portion of beans from Littleton. The glebe contains 22½ acres. The church has a plain tower surmounted by a graceful spire, and has lately been repewed, and a gallery erected, by aid of £500, bequeathed by Mrs. Williams, to which the inhabitants added £100 for decoration. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland 1833
Poden, co. Worcester.
P.T. Evesham (99) 5½ m. E. Pop. with Pa.
A manor in the parish of Church Honeybourn and upper division of the hundred of Blackenhurst.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. III; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.
Church Honeybourne Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820
Church Honeybourne, 4 miles from Evesham, containing 11 houses, and 121 inhabitants.
Bennett William, farmer
Grove F. and H., farmers
Hale William, farmer
Holland Mr. gent.
Malvern Hervey, gent.
Smith Samuel, farmer
Source: S Lewis Worcestershire General and Commercial Directory for 1820.
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Evesham
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Evesham
- Poor Law Union: Evesham
- Hundred: Blackenhurst
- Province: Canterbury