Blockley Worcestershire Family History Guide

Blockley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire.

Other places in the parish include: Ditchford, Dorne, Paxford, Northwick, and Draycott.

Parish church:

Parish registers begin: 1538

Nonconformists include: Baptist and Primitive Methodist

Parishes adjacent to Blockley

Historical Descriptions

Blockley

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

BLOCKLEY, a village and a parish in the district of Shipston-on-Stour, and county of Worcester. The village stands in a south-eastern projection of the county, on the Fossé way, adjacent to the Oxford and Worcester railway, 3¼ miles NW of Moreton-in-the-Marsh; and has a station on the railway, a post office‡ under Moreton-in-the-Marsh, a church, a Baptist chapel, a Primitive Methodist chapel, and national and British schools. It is an ancient place; and had once a monastery, founded before 855, and a palace of the Bishops of Worcester. The parish includes also the hamlets of Aston-Magna, Dorne, Ditchford, Draycott, Northwick, and Paxford. Acres, 7,870. Real property, £16,092. Pop., 2,596. Houses, 580. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to the see of Worcester. There are stone quarries, silk-mills, and corn mills. Traces of the Fosse way exist, and many Roman coins and other Roman relics have been found. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £762. Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church is partly Norman, has a modern tower, and contains two brasses of the 15th century. The vicarage of Aston-Magna is a separate benefice.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851

Blockley, a parish surrounded by Gloucestershire, but belonging to the upper division of the hund. of Oswaldslow, union of Shipston-on-Stour, county of Worcester; 3 miles north-west of Moreton-in-the-Marsh; and 10 south-east of Evesham. It comprises the hamlets of Aston-Magna, Blockley, Ditchford, Dorne, Draycot, Northwich, and Paxford. There are 6 silk-mills, which, in 1838, gave employment to 215 hands, within this parish, besides several corn-mills on a branch of the Stour. In the vicinity are some good stone-quarries. Fairs are held on the Tuesday after Easter week for cattle, and on the 10th of October for hiring servants. There is a branch of the Gloucestershire Banking company here. Living, a vicarage in the archd. and dio. of Worcester; valued at £54; gross income £780; in the patronage of the bishop of Worcester. The impropriate and vicarial tithes of the township of Blockley, and the hamlets of Draycot and Paxford, were commuted in 1772. The Baptists have a place of worship here; the church was formed in 1820. There are two day and Sunday schools in this parish, endowed with £12 14s. per annum, arising from the interest of bequests. There was anciently a monastery here. Vestiges of the ancient fosse-way of the Romans, are visible within this parish, and many coins and other relics of that people have been found here. Blockley, previous to the Reformation, possessed a bishop's palace; but no traces of it now exist. Pop., in 1801, 1,569: in 1831, 2,015. Houses 431. Acres 7,660. A. P. £11,722. Poor rates, in 1837, £752.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.

Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850

Blockley, 8½ miles S.E. Evesham, and 2 m. S. Camden. P. 2136
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.

A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848

BLOCKLEY (St. Peter and St. Paul), a parish, in the union of Shipston, Upper division of the hundred of Oswaldslow, Blockley and E. divisions of the county of Worcester, 3¼ miles (N. W. by W.) from Moreton; surrounded by Gloucestershire and a small portion of Warwickshire; comprising the townships of Blockley, and the hamlets of Aston Magna, Dorne, Ditchford, Draycot, and Paxford; and containing 2136 inhabitants, of whom 1412 are in the township of Blockley. It consists of 7571 acres, of which 3190 are arable, 4035 meadow and pasture, and 341 wood; the soil is rich and fertile. The surface is irregular and undulated, and the scenery produced by its shady groves, fruitful vales, and sloping hills, is very pleasing: the land is in good cultivation. There are several silk-mills, worked by small streams which rise in Dovedale, a short distance hence. Fairs are held on the Tuesday next after Easter-week, for cattle, and Oct. 10th, for hiring servants; a manorial court is occasionally held under the Bishop of Worcester, who is lord of the manor, and the petty-sessions for the division are held here. The living is a vicarage, valued in the king's books at £54; net income, £762; patron and appropriator, the Bishop: the tithes were commuted for land in 1772. The church is partly Norman, and partly in the early English style; the interior is spacious, and consists of a nave, chancel, and north aisle, with a small gallery at the west end, and is appropriately decorated: the tower was rebuilt in 1725, at the expense of the inhabitants. At Aston is a separate incumbency. There is a place of worship for Baptists. Premises for a school upon the national plan, were built some years since by Lord Northwick; the endowment, arising from various sums bequeathed by the ancestors of his lordship, amounts to £12. 14. per annum. In a charter of King Burhred, dated 855, mention is made of a monastery which then existed, and which was subsequently annexed to the bishopric of Worcester: the bishops had a palace here. The Roman Fosse-way passed between this village and Moreton, and urns and other Roman remains have been found on Moor Hill. There are several chalybeate springs.

Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848

Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822

Blockley – a parish and township of considerable extent, in the hundred of Oswaldslow, upper division, 10 miles S.E. from Evesham, and 86 from London; containing 235 inhabited houses. Previous to the Revolution, the bishops of Worcester had a palace here, and from the many relics of antiquity found in the vicinity, it is supposed to have been a Roman station. Northwick, Paxford, Aston, Draycot, and Dorne, are hamlets in this parish. It formerly had three chapels, now all destroyed. The church is a noble structure, with a handsome tower erected by the Rushout family, now elevated to the Peerage; who have likewise been considerable benefactors to the poor. A number of springs rise here, which supply water for several silk mills, the proprietors of which have realized considerable property. The hills abound with stone quarries, the stone of which is chiefly used for dry-walling, as there are no hedges.
Blockley has 2 fairs annually, one on the Tuesday after Easter week, and the other on the 20th October; neither of which are of any note. The living is a vicarage; Rev. W. Broughton, incumbent; patron, the Bishop of Worcester. Population, 1801, 1569 – 1811, 1654 – 1821, 1647.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.

Laird Description of Worcestershire 1814

We now enter the parish of Blockley, a detached part of the county. The town itself lies to the left of the London road, and the view from this point into Gloucester and Warwickshire is extremely pleasing, looking down upon the rich vale in which Campden is situated. The hills of this parish abound in stone quarries, which are much used not only for building but also for dry walling for which purposes they are very well adapted, as no hedges are to be met with an these hills, so that a stranger might almost fancy himself in Derbyshire. The town of Blockley has several corn and silk mills, which are very beneficial in occupying the industry of the town and vicinity; the comfort arising from which is evident on all sides. Much credit is due to the parishioners for the care and attention shewn to the Church; in which, however, at different periods, they have been much assisted by the liberality of the Rushout family, now elevated to the peerage. The foundation of this church is very ancient; for a charter of Burhred, King of Mercia, in 855, mentions a monastery here, which Hemingus says was afterwards given to the Bishopric of Worcester. There is nothing else particularly worthy of notice, except some vestiges of the Roman fosse, at a place called Dorn, within the limits of the parish; and a hill called the Parks, which is opposite the vicar’s garden, and is supposed to have been part of the Episcopal park, which, with a palace, stood here before the Reformation. Blockley has a Fair on the Tuesday after Easter-week for a few cattle; and another on the 20th of October, which is principally a mop, or statute for servants.
Source: A Topographical and Historical Description of the County of Worcester, by Mr. Laird. Printed for Sherwood, Neely, and Jones, Paternoster Row; and George Cowie and Co. successors to Vernor, Hood, and Sharp, 31, Poultry, London. Printed circa 1814.

Universal British Directory 1791

Blockley is near the limits of Gloucestershire, about twenty three miles from Worcester, and contains several hamlets. Has two fairs yearly, viz. on the second Tuesday after Easter-day, and on Old Michaelmas-day. There were anciently three chapels in the parish, though no vestiges of them remain at present. The church, dedicated to St. Peter and St. Paul, was rebuilt in 1727, having its first stone laid by the Right Hon. Sir John Rushout, Bart. Opposite the vicar’s garden is a hill called the Parks, supposed to have been the park of the bishop of Worcester, who had a palace here, before the reformation. – Principal inhabitants are, John and Henry Franklin, Thomas Peyton, Samuel Spilsbury, and – Wilkes, silk-throwsters.
At Northwick is the stately residence of Sir John Rushout, Bart. The park is well stocked with deer, and hath a fine growth of timber thereon, particularly very large oak.
Peckford, Aston, Draycot, and Dorn, are hamlets to Blockley. – Dorn is supposed to have been a Roman station, many small coins having been found here: one of Carausius was lately in the possession of the Rev. Mr. Selwyn, the vicar. The hilly parts near Bourton on the Hill, and Camden, abound in stone quarries. Here are chalybeate springs strongly impregnated, some of an incrusting, and others of a petrifying, quality. A brook, which rises in Bourton Wood, flows in a serpentine course through the parish, and has several silk and corn mills thereon; the silk manufacture employs a number of hands, and meets with considerable success.
Source: Universal British Directory 1791

Ditchford

Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845

Ditchford, a hamlet, in the parish of Blockley, union of Shipston-upon-Stour, Upper division of the hundred of Oswaldslow, Blockley and E. divisions of the county of Worcester, 4¼ miles (S. W. by W.) from Shipston; containing 36 inhabitants.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.

Dorne

Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870

Dorne, a hamlet in Blockley parish, Worcester; on the Fosse way, 3 ¼ miles S of Chipping-Camden. Coins, foundations, and other relics have been found.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845

Dorne, a hamlet, in the parish of Blockley, union of Shipston-on-Stour, Upper division of the hundred of Oswaldslow, Blockley and E. divisions of the county of Worcester, 1 ½ mile (N.) from Moreton-in-the-Marsh; containing 47 inhabitants. Tradition relates that Dorne was once a city of some importance; and this is confirmed by the discovery of ancient foundations, with some Roman and British coins.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.

Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822

Dorne – a hamlet in the parish of Blockley, and hundred of Oswaldslow, upper division; containing 7 inhabited houses. This place was formerly a Roman station.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.

Draycott

Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822

Draycot [sic] – a hamlet in the parish of Blockley, hundred of Oswaldslow, upper division; containing 35 houses. Population, 1801, no return – 1811, no return – 1821, 197.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.

Directories

Online Directories

Bentley's Directory of Blockley 1840 - Archive.org

Directory Transcriptions

Blockley Worcestershire Slater’s Directory 1850

Is a parish, comprising the hamlets of Aston Magna, Blockley, Ditchford, Dorn, Draycott, Northwick and Paxford – the hamlet, or town of Blockley, is 90 miles N. W. from London, 25 S. E. from Worcester, 10 S. E. from Evesham, and 3 N. W. by W. from Moreton-in-the-Marsh. It is surrounded by the county of Gloucester and a small portion of Warwickshire; amidst sloping hills and fruitful valleys, and noted for the fine springs of crystal water that rise in Dovedale, and flow through the village in all directions, affording great convenience to those employed in the silk-throwing business, for which, in this little place, there are no fewer than six establishments. The Oxford, Worcester and Staffordshire Railway, now constructing, will run within a mile of Blockley; and the Birmingham and Gloucester line passes about eighteen miles to the west. According to tradition, Dorn, in this parish, was formerly a city of some consequence; and the many old foundations, and Roman and British coins found in this neighbourhood, seem to countenance the truth of the report: at present however, the habitations consist of only farm houses. In the 9th of George IV. Blockley was made the head of a division, the petty sessions for which are held here; and the Bishop of Worcester, as lord of the manor holds by his steward, a manorial court occasionally.
The places of worship are the parish church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul, and a chapel for Baptists. The church, which has lately been repaired and improved, is partly Norman, and partly in the early style of English architecture, with a tower – the latter rebuilt in 1795: the living is a vicarage, in the peculiar jurisdiction and patronage of the Bishop of Worcester; the Rev. Miles Coyle is the present incumbent. A free school for thirty boys and twenty girls, is partly supported by bequests and partly by subscription. Within a mile of the village is Northwick Park, the fine seat of Lord Northwick; and in the vicinity of the town are a few other elegant residences. The parish contained, in 1831, 2,015 inhabitants, and in 1841, 2,136 – the population of Blockley, itself, at the present time is about 1,600.

POST OFFICE, Mary Bearcroft, Post Mistress. – Letters from London and various other parts, arrive every morning at half-past seven, and are despatched at seven in the evening. Letters from the West and some places South, arrive every morning at half-past ten, and are despatched at half-past one in the afternoon.

NOBILITY, GENTRY AND CLERGY.

Cannon Mrs. Esther, Blockley
Cockerill Sir Charles, Bart., Seizen Cottage
Collier Captain Edward, R.N., Blockley
Coyle Rev. Miles, Vicarage House
Folkeston Rev. Frederick George, Paxford
Hiron Mr. John, Blockley
Lygon Lieutenant-General Edward, Blockley
Lygon Lieutenant-General Henry, Blockley
Mintorn Mr. John, Dovedale
Mullins Mrs. Mary, Blockley
Northwick Honble. Lord, Northwick Park
Pain Mr. Richard, Blockley
Reddesdale the Honble. Lord, Batsford Park
Righhton Mrs. Ann, Blockley
Roberts Henry, Esq., Paxford
Roberts Mr. James, Blockley
Smith Mrs. Sarah, Rock Cottage

PUBLIC HOUSES.

Bell, William Lane
Crown, Henry Oliver

SILK THROWSTERS.

Banbury Edward
Smith Charles Edward
Smith Edwin
Smith James
Stanley Richard
Westmacott Richard

SHOPKEEPERS & TRADERS.

Acocks Elizabeth, stay maker
Acocks John, blacksmith
Allcock William Stacy, ironmonger and plumber
Baldwin Louisa, shopkeeper
Bearcroft Mary, baker
Belcher Richard, secretary to the mechanics’ institute
Belcher Richard Boswell, draper
Belcher William, tailor and draper
Blackford William, baker
Bull Edgar, surgeon
Colney William, leather cutter
Davy John, plumber and glazier
Day William, carpenter
Dowsell William, carpenter
Edgington William, baker
Figgures Charles, plasterer
Figgures John, plasterer and painter
Figgures Thomas, painter and paper hanger
Fisher Fanny, dress maker
Fisher Thomas, blacksmith
Foster John, shoe maker
Hale Hannah, shopkeeper
Hale John, beer retailer
Hales Moses, stone mason
Harris Augustus Frederick, grocer
Herbert Anna, grocer and draper
Herbert John, butcher
Herbert John, beer retailer
Herbert Peter, tailor
Hobbs Mary, miller and baker
Hope Sarah, schoolmistress
Hopkins James, beer retailer
Keen James, shoe maker
Keen Joseph, master of free school
Kempson John, carpenter & builder
Mace Richard, miller
Moore Charles, shopkeeper
Nicholls Francis, shopkeeper
Pain Jonathan, miller
Perkins Thomas, saddler
Phipps William, shopkeeper and blacksmith
Pickering Charles, carpenter
Pickering James, tailor
Powell Thomas, stone mason
Smith Geo. Cannon, grocer & druggist
Smith James, agent to the General fire and life office
Smith Thomas, turner and chair maker
Stiles Sarah, dress maker
Taplin William, carpenter
Thornton Richard, shopkeeper
Watts William, hair dresser
Westmacott Henry & William, millwrights
Wheatcroft Edwd. registrar of births and deaths
Wilkshire John, stone mason
Williams Richd. shopkeeper & shoe mkr.

CARRIERS.

From the Bell.
To LONDON, John Ward, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
To BIRMINGHAM, – Hawkins, Tues.
To CHIPPING NORTON, John Ward, Saturday.
To STRATFORD-ON-AVON, Joseph Penson, Saturday.
To WARWICK, Joseph Penson, Saturday.

Source: Slater’s Directory (Worcestershire Section) 1850

Blockley Worcestershire Pigots Directory 1842

Is a hamlet and parish in the hundred of Oswaldslow, 90 miles N.W. from London, 25 S.E. from Worcester, 10 S.E. from Evesham, and 3 N.W. by W. from Moreton-in-the-Marsh; surrounded by the county of Gloucester and a small portion of Warwickshire. It is pleasantly situated amidst sloping hills and fruitful valleys, and noted for the fine springs of crystal water that rise in Dovedale, and flow through the village in all directions, affording great convenience to those employed in the silk-throwing business, for which, in this little place, there are no fewer than seven establishments. According to tradition, Dorn, a village in this parish, was formerly a city of some consequence; and the many old foundations, and Roman and British coins found in this neighbourhood, seem to countenance the truth of the report: at present, however, the habitations in Dorn consist of only farm houses. In the 9th of George IV Blockley was made the head of a division, the petty sessions for which are held here; and the bishop of Worcester, as lord of the manor, hols, by his steward, a manorial court occasionally. The places of worship are the parish church, and a chapel for Baptists. The church, dedicated to St. Peter and St. Paul, is partly Norman and partly in the early style of English architecture, with a tower – the latter rebuilt in 1795: the benefice is a vicarage, in the peculiar jurisdiction and patronage of the bishop of Worcester; the Rev. Miles Coyle is the present incumbent. A free school for twenty boys and six girls is partly supported by bequests and partly by subscription. Within a mile of the village is Northwick park, the fine seat of Lord Northwick; and in the vicinity of the town are a few other elegant residences. Fairs are held on the Tuesday after Easter-week for cattle, and the 10th October for hiring servants. The parish contained, in 1831, 2,015 inhabitants; and in 1841, 2,134; of which last number about 1,500 belong to Blockley hamlet.

POST OFFICE, Mary Bearcroft, Post Mistress. – Letters form LONDON arrive every morning at seven, and are despatched every evening at twenty minutes past seven. – Letters from BIRMINGHAM, BRISTOL, COVENTRY, EVESHAM, GLOUCESTER, PERSHORE, TEWKESBURY and Worcester arrive every morning at ten, and are despatched every afternoon at twenty minutes before two.

NOBILITY, GENTRY AND CLERGY.

Cockerill Sir Charles, bart. Seizen cot
Collier Capt. Edward, R.N. Blockley
Coyle Rev. Miles, Vicarage house
Lygon Lieut.-Gen. Edward, Blockley
Lygon Lieut.-Gen. Henry, Blockley
Northwick Hon. Lord, Northwick park
Reddesdale Hon. Lord, Batsford park
Roberts Henry, esq. Pexford
Roberts Mrs. Mary, Blockley
Smith Mrs. Sarah, Rock cottage
Wheeler Rev. George D. Blockley

SILK THROWSTERS.

Banbury Edward
Russell Lucy
Smith Edwin
Smith James
Smith Mary
Stanley Richard
Westmacott John

PUBLIC HOUSES.

Bell, Martha Humphriss
Crown, Joshua Figgures

SHOPKEEPERS & TRADERS.

Allcock Wm. plumber and glazier
Atkins William, master of the Free School
Bearcroft Mary, baker
Blackford William, baker
Broad William, butcher
Colling William, boot & shoe maker
Dowsell William, blacksmith
Dyde Joseph, wheelwright
Edgington Richard, baker
Figgures Charles, plasterer
Figgures George, relieving officer & registrar of births and deaths for the Moreton district
Fisher Thomas, blacksmith
Foster John, boot and shoe maker
Hale John, bricklayer
Herbert Eliza, draper, grocer and agent to Phoenix Fire Office
Herbert John, butcher
Hobbs Mary, miller and baker
Howes Richard, miller
Kempson John, joiner
Lloyd Samuel, cooper
Mace John, shopkeeper
Mace Richard, miller
Oliver Henry, maltster
Pain Jonathan, miller
Perkins Thomas, saddler
Smith Jas. draper, grocer, & druggist
Smith John, fellmonger
Smith Thomas, turner & chair maker
Taylor John, tailor and draper
Thornton Richard, shopkeeper
Wells John, miller
Westmacott William, millwright

CARRIERS.

To London, John Ward, from the Bell Inn, every Tuesday, Thursday & Sat.
To Birmingham, Stratford and Warwick, Joseph Penson, from the Bell Inn, every Saturday, & Hawkin’s Waggon, from Cirencester, passes through every Tuesday.
To Chipping Norton, John Ward, from the Bell Inn, every Thursday and Saturday.
To Cirencester, Hawkin’s Waggon passes through every Friday.
To Evesham, William Hopes and Ambrose Milburn, from their houses, every Monday and Friday.

Source: Pigot & Co.'s Royal National and Commercial Directory and Topography of the Counties of Warwickshire, Leicestershire, Rutlandshire, Northamptonshire, Staffordshire and Worcestershire 1841/1842

Blockley Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820

Blockley, detached from this county, and surrounded by Gloucestershire, contains 326 houses, and 1569 inhabitants. Paxton, Aston, Draycot, Ditchford, and Dorn, are all hamlets to this parish. A brook, which rises in Bourton wood, flows in a serpentine course through the parish, and has several silk and corn mills thereon; the silk manufacture employs a number of hands, and meets with considerable success.

DIRECTORY.

Adams Mrs. widow
Atkins Wm., victualler
Baldwin Charles, woolstapler
Banbury and Taplin, silk throwsters
Bearcroft John, baker
Boughton Rev. William
Bullock William, baker
Collier Rev. Richard
Cudd Edward, miller
Dyde Thos., wheelwright
Espry John, baker
Figgures Thos., farmer
Franklin H., silk throwster
Fretwell Thomas, farmer
Haines Thos., glazier
Hale Thomas, mason
Hall John, fellmonger
Harris James, miller
Harris Wm., baker
Herbert John, butcher
Herbert Ann, butcher
Herbert Jer., butcher
Hobbs William, miller
Manton George, sacking maker
Marshall John, farmer
Minchin Francis, farmer
Palfrey William, farmer
Pain John, shopkeeper
Pain Jonathan, miller
Penson Samuel, joiner
Pickering John, farmer
Pickering Samuel, bailiff
Roberts Joseph, Esq.
Russell William, silk throwster
Smith James, mercer and draper
Smith C., silk throwster
Smith Richard, fellmonger
Smith J. Rock Cottage
Sperry James, surgeon
Stratton J., silk throwster
Taplin Elizabeth, silk throwster
Taylor James, grocer
Taylor John, maltster
Thrackwell Wm., gent.
Trenfield and Smith, millers
Turner John, Esq.
Wadup Richard, tailor
Walker Edward, maltster
Webb James, shopkeeper
Westmancot Martin, silk throwster
Whitelese John, farmer
Wilks George, gent.

Source: S Lewis Worcestershire General and Commercial Directory for 1820.

Ditchford Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820

Gibbs John, farmer
Marshall Robert, miller
Phillips Richard, farmer
Wheatcroft Ann, farmer
Wheatcroft E. R., farmer

Source: S Lewis Worcestershire General and Commercial Directory for 1820.

Northwick Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820

Adams Elizabeth, miller
Brain Joseph, farmer
Mansell Ann, farmer
Northwick Rt. Hon. Lord
Rushout Hon. Miss
Source: S Lewis Worcestershire General and Commercial Directory for 1820.

Paxford Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820

Hodges John, farmer
Martin – , farmer
Newitt Joseph, farmer
Roberts – , farmer
Roberts Thomas, farmer
Wells William, farmer
Source: S Lewis Worcestershire General and Commercial Directory for 1820.

 Administration

  • County: Worcestershire
  • Civil Registration District: Shipston on Stour
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Worcester
  • Rural Deanery: Blockley
  • Poor Law Union: Shipston on Stour
  • Hundred: Oswaldslow
  • Province: Canterbury