Amblecote is an Ecclesiastical Parish partly in Staffordshire and partly in Worcestershire. Created 1845 from Old Swinford Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Wollaston.
Parish church: Holy Trinity
Parish registers begin: see Old Swinford and also Kingswinford and Wordesley
AMBLECOAT, a hamlet and a chapelry in Old Swinford parish, Stafford. The hamlet stands on the southern verge of the county, at the river Stour; and is suburban to Stourbridge, being separated from it only by the river. Acres, 689. Real property, with Kingswinford, £273,468, of which £66,786 are in mines, £128,936 in iron-works, and £9,550 in canals. Pop., 2,613. Houses, 531. The inhabitants are employed chiefly in potteries, glass-works, collieries, and ironworks. The chapelry was constituted in 1845, and originally included Woolaston, but since 1860, has been coextensive with Amblecoat hamlet. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £100.* Patron, the Earl of Stamford. The church stands on an eminence, was opened in 1844, and is a pleasing structure of fire bricks.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].