Alfrick is a chapelry of Suckley Ancient Parish in Worcestershire
Church: St Mary Magdalene. Parish registers begin: 1656
Following the Poor Law Amendment Act 1834 Alfrick Parish ceased to be responsible for maintaining the poor in its parish. This responsibility was transferred to Martley Poor Law Union.
The village church is dedicated to Saint Mary Magdalene. It has original sandstone window casings, Dutch stained glass and exposed internal roof beams. On the exterior of its tower is a sundial.
Alfrick, a township-chapelry in Suckley parish, Worcester; near the river Teme, 7½ miles W of Worcester. It has a post-office under Worcester. Acres, 1,790. Pop., 474. Houses, 99. The living is a curacy annexed to the rectory of Suckley. Charities, £14. Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A Fullerton & Co. N.d.c. [1870-72].
Alfrick, in Suckley parish. P. 434 Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Alfrick, a chapelry, in the parish of Suckley, union of Martley, Upper division of the hundred of Doddingtree, Worcester and W divisions of the county of Worcester, 7 miles (W by S) from Worcester; containing 434 inhabitants. It is bounded on the north by the river Teme, and consists of 1645 acres; the surface is undulated, and very well wooded and watered. The tithes have been commuted for a rentcharge of £240; and there is a glebe of 2½ acres, with a property in the chapel yard. The chapel is dedicated to St. Mary. There is a free school with an endowment of £10 per annum. Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
Alfrick, a hamlet and chapelry in the parish of Suckley, union of Martley, county of Worcester; 8 miles west by south of Worcester; on a branch of the Teme. Living, a curacy in the archd. and dio. of Worcester, but not in charge, being appended to the rectory of Suckley. There is a free school here, with an endowment of £8 per annum. The other charities connected with this chapelry produce the yearly sum of £6 2s. Pop., in 1801, 396; in 1831, 493. Houses 96. Acres 1,790. A. P. £1,790. Poor rates, in 1837, £210. Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.
Alfrick, a chapelry in the parish of Suckley, upper division of the hundred of Doddingtree, county of Worcester, 7 miles (W. by S.) from Worcester, containing 445 inhabitants. The chapel is dedicated to St. Mary. Here is a free school with an endowment of £10 per annum. Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831
Alfrick – a hamlet in the parish of Suckley, hundred of Doddingtree, upper division, 7 miles W. from Worcester, containing 83 inhabited houses: the inhabitants have a chapel of their own, which is kept in good repair; they likewise contribute towards the support of the church at Suckley. Population, 1801, 396 – 1811, 404 – 1821, 445. Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.