Alderminster is a small village and parish, situate in a detached part of the county, about 5 miles S.E.E. from Stratford-on-Avon, containing, according to the census of 1851, a population of 522 inhabitants.
The Church, dedicated to St. Mary, is a very ancient and curious cruciform structure, with low square tower, containing five bells. The nave is in the Norman style of architecture. The living is a Discharged Vicarage, in the gift of the Crown. Rev. Matthew C. Thompson, Vicar; Mr. Thomas Baylis, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Halford Mr. Thomas
Thompson Rev. Matthew C., Vicar
Baylis Thomas, carpenter and Parish Clerk
Berry John, farmer, Shennington Farm
Brain Richard, farmer, Barton Farm
Brown Richard, farmer, and bailiff to E. J. Shirley, Esq.
Care John, farmer, and steward to James R. West, Esq.
Clifford Arthur John, farmer, Alderminster Farm
Crotchett Samuel, farmer, Coombe Farm
Franklin Thomas, tailor
Hyett Jacob, carpenter
Jaques Benjamin, farmer
Jaques john, farmer, Goldicott Farm
Neal Joseph, boot and shoe maker, and Sub-Postmaster
Newnham Edward H., farmer, Cottage Farm
Odle John, grocer, &c.
Roberts Edward, blacksmith
Shepherd Thomas, farmer, Claydon Farm
Simms William, victualler, Bell
Smith William, farmer, Church Hill
Steel William, grocer, and boot and shoe maker
Taylor James, beer retailer
Treaver Thomas, shopkeeper
Post Office – Neal Joseph, Sub-Postmaster. Arrival – 10 a.m. and 3 30 p.m.
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855