Acton Beauchamp Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855

Acton Beauchamp is a small, scattered parish, on the borders of Herefordshire, about 4 miles from Bromyard, and 12 from Worcester, containing in 1851 a population of 206 inhabitants.

The Church, dedicated to St. Giles, is a small, plain structure, in the late Norman style of architecture, with low tower. It contains nave and chancel, possessing no architectural features requiring any comment. The living is a Rectory, in the Archdeaconry and Diocese of Worcester. Rev. William Humphries, Rector; Mr. William Hall, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.

DIRECTORY

Walton Mr. John

Allenbrook Mrs.

Humphries Rev. William, Rector, Rectory

Banford Samuel, miller

Birchley John, farmer

Brown Charles, farmer, Sevington

Elcocks Thomas, farmer

Garbett William, wheelwright

Hall William, Parish Clerk

Hodges James, blacksmith

Hodges Michael, farmer

Long John, farmer

Matthews John, shopkeeper

Morris James, farmer

Orgee Richard, farmer

Partridge James, carpenter and shopkeeper

Sanford Susan, farmer

Seaman Charles A., farmer, Church House

Turner William, farmer

Wall William, farmer

Watton John, timber dealer

Went Joseph, farmer

Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855