Acton Beauchamp - Bentley's History and Directory of the Borough of Evesham 1840

Acton Beauchamp is a parish surrounded on three sides by Herefordshire, and is in the upper division of Doddingtree hundred, the church being in the N. W. part of the parish, 12½ miles W. of Worcester. The surface is hilly, and presents many fine scenes of wood and dale; the living is a rectory, in the incumbency of the Rev. W. Coupland, M.A.; the church is a neat structure, re-built by subscription in 1815, and will seat about 130; service, Sunday forenoon at 11, and afternoon at 3; James Griffiths is parish clerk; and a Sunday school is taught in connection with the church. Area of the parish 800 acres, population 160.

Beard Elizabeth, farmer

Clinton George, cooper, Hydes

Coupland Rev. William, M.A., Rectory House

Davis John, wheelwright

Easthope William, carrier

Elcox Edward, farmer

Garbett William, wheelwright

Griffiths James, parish clerk

Hall Mary, farmer

Heming John Postans, Esq., Church House

Hodges James, farmer

Jordan John, farmer

Loton Edward, farmer

Meredith Thomas, farmer

Partridge James, shopkeeper and carpenter

Pudge Sarah, farmer

Tehearn Samuel, farmer

Walton John, carpenter

Watkins John, blacksmith

Watkins Joseph, blacksmith and beerseller

CARRIER.

To WORCESTER; William Easthope, Saturday.

Source: Bentley’s history, guide, and alphabetical and classified directory, of the borough of Evesham of the market towns of Pershore, Shipston-upon-Stour, and Upton-upon-Severn, and the villages of Broadway and Great Malvern; and an history and alphabetical directory of seventy-eight parishes in the county south of the city of Worcester … forming vol. III of Bentley’s history, directory, and statistics of Worcestershire. Published 1840 by Printed for the proprietor, by Bull & Turner in Birmingham.