Abbotts Moreton Worcestershire – Bentley’s Directory 1840

Abbotts Moreton is a parish and village 12 miles E. from Worcester, 8 N. from Evesham, and 5 S.W. from Alcester. The parish contains 1,400 acres, and 260 inhabitants The living is a Rectory, in the gift of G. J. A. Walker, Esq., of Norton-juxta Kemsey, and incumbency of the Rev. Thomas Walker, M.A., Prebendary of Wolverhampton. The church is situated at the S.W. end of the village, and is an ancient stone building, capable of seating about 180 people; service once each Sunday, alternately morning at 11, and afternoon at 3. William Harris is clerk, and a Sunday School is taught in connection with the Church.
Angell John, constable
Briney Thomas, farmer
Cowley William, farmer
Farr Charles, farmer
Garfield John, blacksmith
Garfield Richard, carpenter
Harris John, farmer
Harris Naboth, farmer, Glebe farm
Harris W. parish clerk
Harris W. shopkeeper and shoemaker
Perks William, farmer
Sandles Elizabeth, vict. Red Lion, Goom’s Hill
Surman Jane, shopkeeper
Walker Rev. Thomas, M.A. Rectory, Goom’s Hill
Webber R. farmer, Lowe-farm
White Harry, shoemaker
Wixon Thomas, tailor
Source: Bentley’s history, guide, and alphabetical and classified directory, of the borough of Evesham of the market towns of Pershore, Shipston-upon-Stour, and Upton-upon-Severn, and the villages of Broadway and Great Malvern; and an history and alphabetical directory of seventy-eight parishes in the county south of the city of Worcester … forming vol. III of Bentley’s history, directory, and statistics of Worcestershire. Published 1840 by Printed for the proprietor, by Bull & Turner in Birmingham.