Wootton Rivers is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1728
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1607
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WOOTTON-RIVERS, a parish in Pewsey district, Wilts; on the Kennet and Avon canal and on the Mid-Wilts railway, 3 miles ENE of Pewsey r. station. It has a post-office under Marlborough. Acres, 1,179. Real property, £2,021. Pop., 444. Houses, 93. There are an iron foundry and an agricultural implement factory. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £379. Patrons, St. John’s College, Cambridge, and Brasenose College, Oxford. The church is good; and there are a national school, and charities £15.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Manors – Court Records
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Pewsey
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Marlborough
- Poor Law Union: Pewsey
- Hundred: Kinwardstone
- Province: Canterbury