Woodford is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Other places in the parish include: Upper Woodford, Middle Woodford, and Lower Woodford.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1588
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WOODFORD, a parish in Amesbury district, Wilts; on the river Avon, 3 miles E by N of Wishford r. station, and 4½ NNW of Salisbury. Post town, Salisbury. Acres, 2,780. Rated property, £3,236. Pop., 500. Houses, 116. The property is divided among a few. A palace of the Bishops of Salisbury was here. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Wilsford. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Manors – Court records
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Amesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Prebendal of Wilsford and Woodford
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1847 – None, Post-1846 – Amesbury
- Poor Law Union: Amesbury
- Hundred: Underditch
- Province: Canterbury