Woodborough is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1567
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605; 1623
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Table of Contents
- Stanton St Bernard
- Alton Barnes
- Alton Priors
- Manningford Bohune
- Manningford Bruce
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WOODBOROUGH, a parish, with a village, in Pewsey district, Wilts; on the Mid-Wilts railway and the Kennet and Avon canal, 3½ miles W of Pewsey. It has a r. station and a wharf. Post town, Pewsey, under Marlborough. Acres, 1,015. Real property, £2,035. Pop., 406. Houses, 84. The property is not much divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £340. Patron, G. H. W. Heneage, Esq. The church was recently in bad condition. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £6.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Woodborough Marriages 1567 to 1837
The bishop’s transcripts and parish registers of Woodborough : baptisms & burials, 1567 – 1837 Author: Burstow, Mike; Wiltshire Family History Society; Church of England. Parish Church of Woodborough (Wiltshire)
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Pewsey
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Avebury
- Poor Law Union: Pewsey
- Hundred: Swanborough (Wiltshire)
- Province: Canterbury