Wishford Magna is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Alternative names: Great Wishford
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Primitive Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WISHFORD (Great), a parish, with a village, in Wilton district, Wilts; on the river Wiley, and on the Salisbury railway, 2½ miles NNW of Wilton. It has a post-office under Salisbury, and a r. station. Acres, 1,610. Rated property, £2,166. Pop., 381. Houses, 88. The manor belongs to the Earl of Pembroke. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £342. Patron, the Earl of Pembroke. The church was enlarged in 1829, and restored in 1864. There are an endowed school with £63 a year, alms houses with £79, and other charities £32.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Wilton
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Wylye
- Poor Law Union: Wilton
- Hundred: Branch and Dole
- Province: Canterbury