Winterbourne Gunner is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1560
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599-1601; 1622
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WINTERBOURNE-GUNNER, a parish in Amesbury district, Wilts; 1 mile SSW of Porton r. station, and 4½ NNE of Salisbury. Post town, Salisbury. Acres, 1,562. Rated property, £1,080. Pop., 150. Houses, 31. The manor belonged, in the time of Henry III., to Henry Delamere; and it took its suffix name of Gunner from his wife Gunnora. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £235. Patron, not reported. The church was repaired in 1810. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Amesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Amesbury
- Poor Law Union: Amesbury
- Hundred: Alderbury
- Province: Canterbury