Winterbourne Earls is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Other places in the parish include: Hurdcott.
Alternative names: Winterborne Earls
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1557
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1609; 1622
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Salisbury St Martin
- Idmiston with Porton
- Pitton and Farley
- Winterbourne Dauntsey
- Clarendon Park
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WINTERBOURNE-EARLS, a parish in Amesbury district, Wilts; 2 miles SSW of Porton r. station, and 3½ NNE of Salisbury. Post town, Salisbury. Acres, 1,663. Real property, with W.-Dantsey, £3,268. Pop., 276. Houses, 60. There are two manors. The living is a vicarage, annexed to W.-Dantsey. The church was rebuilt in 1868. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Amesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Amesbury
- Poor Law Union: Amesbury
- Hundred: Alderbury
- Province: Canterbury