Winterbourne Dauntsey is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Alternative names: Winterborne Daunstey, Winterbourne Dantsey
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1561
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1607
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WINTERBOURNE-DANTSEY, a parish in Amesbury district, Wilts; 1½ mile SSW of Parton r. station, and 4 NNE of Salisbury. Post town, Salisbury. Acres, 1,162. Real property, with W.-Earls, £3,268. Pop., 171. Houses, 39. The manor belonged anciently to the Danvers, and gave them the title of Baron. The living is a vicarage, united with W.-Earls, in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £250. Patron, the Bishop of S. The church was taken down in 1867. There is a Methodist chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Sheppard William, Parton, Wiltshire, linen draper & shopkeeper, May 12, 1829.
Court Records, Land and Property
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Amesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Prebendal of Chute and Chisenbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1847 - None, Post-1846 - Amesbury
- Poor Law Union: Amesbury
- Hundred: Alderbury
- Province: Canterbury