Wilsford is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire. Manningford Bohune is a chapelry of Wilsford.
Other places in the parish include: Townsend and Bottlesford.
Alternative names: Wilsford Dauntsey, Wilsford near Pewsey
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1588
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1624
Nonconformists include: Particular Baptist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WILSFORD, or W.-Dauntsey, a parish in Pewsey district, Wilts; 1¾ mile SSW of Woodborough r. station, and 5 WSW of Pewsey. It includes Manningford-Bohun tything, and has a post-office under Marlborough. Acres, 2,997. Real property, £3,877. Pop., 521. Houses, 118. The manor belongs to Sir F. Astley. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £242. Patron, St. Nicholas Hospital, Salisbury. The church is tolerable.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Manors - Court Records
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Pewsey
- Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Prebendal of Wilsford and Woodford
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Potterne
- Poor Law Union: Pewsey
- Hundred: Swanborough (Wiltshire)
- Province: Canterbury