Wilsford cum Lake is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Other places in the parish include: Lake.
Alternative names: Wilsford, Wilsford and Lake, Wilsford near Amesbury, Wilsford Withlake
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1610
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1588; 1605
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WILSFORD, a parish in Amesbury district, Wilts; on the river Avon, 1¾ mile SW of Amesbury, and 5 NW of Porton r. station. Post town, Amesbury, under Salisbury. Acres, 1,591. Rated property, £1,465. Pop., 140. Houses, 26. W. House is the seat of G. Loder, Esq. Lake House was the seat of the antiquary Duke, author of the “Druidical Temples of Wilts;’’ and is now the seat of the Rev. E. Duke. Many barrows are on the downs. The living is a vicarage, united with Woodford, in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £420. Patron, the Bishop of S. The church was repaired in 1858.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Amesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Prebendal of Wilsford and Woodford
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Amesbury
- Poor Law Union: Amesbury
- Hundred: Underditch
- Province: Canterbury