Wilcot is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Other places in the parish include: Stowell, Oare, and Draycott Foliatt.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1564
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Alton Barnes
- Alton Priors
- Overton Heath
- Manningford Bruce
- North Newnton
- Manningford Abbas
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WILCOT, a parish, with a village and three tythings, in Pewsey district, Wilts; on the Avon and Kennet canal, 1½ mile W by N of Pewsey r. station. Post town, Pewsey, under Marlborough. Acres, 2,668. Real property, £3,662. Pop., 651. Houses, 137. The manor belonged, in the Norman times, to Edward of Salisbury; passed to th e Lovells, and remained with them till the time of Henry VII.; and, with W. House, belongs now to Lieut.-Col. G. W. Wroughton. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £143. Patron, Lieut.-Col. G. W. Wroughton. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Puckeridge James, Draycott, Wilcott, Wiltshire, farmer, June 22, 1830.
The bishop’s transcripts and parish registers of Wilcot, baptisms & burials, 1564-1837 and Huish, baptisms & burials, 1603-1837, 1831 census and children confirmed Author: Wiltshire Family History Society; Church of England. Parish Church of Wilcot (Wiltshire)
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Pewsey
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Marlborough
- Poor Law Union: Pewsey
- Hundred: Swanborough (Wiltshire)
- Province: Canterbury