Whitsbury is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Alternative names: Whitchbury
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1714
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1780
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WHITSBURY, or Whitchbury, a parish in Fordingbridge district, and partly in Hants, but chiefly in Wilts; 2¼ miles W of Breamore r. station, and 3½ NNW of Fordingbridge. Post town, Fordingbridge, under Salisbury. Acres, 1,850. Rated property, £1,375. Pop., 204. Houses, 39. The manor belonged once to Breamore priory. A Saxon camp, of 15½ acres, is on a hill. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £284. Patron, Vice-Admiral Purves. The church is not good. Charities, £6.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Fordingbridge
- Probate Court: Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Winchester
- Diocese: Winchester
- Rural Deanery: Fordingbridge
- Poor Law Union: Fordingbridge
- Hundred: Cawden and Cadworth
- Province: Canterbury