Whiteparish is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Other places in the parish include: Whelpley, Cowsfield Lovers, Cowsfield Estuary, Alderstone, and Abbotstone.
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1560
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1621
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Whiteparish
- West Grimstead
- West Dean
- Sherfield English, Hampshire
- East Dean, Hampshire
- Lockerley, Hampshire
- Langley Wood
- East Grimstead
- East Wellow
- Melchet Park
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WHITEPARISH, a parish, with a village and five tythings, in Alderbury district, Wilts; 2¾ miles S by W of Dean r. station, and 8 SE by E of Salisbury. It has a post-office under Salisbury. Acres, with Earldons extra-parochial tract, 6,284. Rated property, £5,775. Pop. in 1851, 1,344; in 1861, 1,225. Houses, 264. The property is subdivided. Melchet Park, Cowesfield House, Broxmore House, and Brickworth are chief residences. An interesting ancient farmhouse is at the entrance of the village. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £200. Patron, R. Bristow, Esq. The church was restored and partly rebuilt in 1869. There are two Methodist chapels, two endowed schools with £65, and charities £25.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of the United Kingdom 1808
Abbottstone, a tything in White parish, hundred of Frustfield, Wilts, 8 miles from Salisbury, and 88 from London.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of the United Kingdom. Benjamin Pitts Capper. 1808.
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Alderbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Amesbury
- Poor Law Union: Alderbury
- Hundred: Frustfield
- Province: Canterbury