Whaddon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1653
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1582-1585; 1622
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WHADDON, a parish in Melksham district, Wilts; 2 miles SSW of Melksham r. station. Post town, Trowbridge. Acres, 438. Real property, returned with Alderbury. Pop., 40. Houses, 5. The manor belongs to W. Long, Esq. The living is a rectory, annexed to Hilperton.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Melksham
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Potterne
- Poor Law Union: Melksham
- Hundred: Melksham
- Province: Canterbury