Westwood is a chapelry of Bradford-on-Avon Ancient Parish in Wiltshire.
Other places in the parish include: Upper Westwood, Lower Westwood, Iford, and Ford.
Alternative names: Westwood cum Ford, Westwood cum Iford, Westwood with Iford
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1666
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1608
Nonconformists include: Methodist and Particular Baptist.
- Farleigh Hungerford, Somerset
- Hinton Charterhouse, Somerset
- Freshford, Somerset
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WESTWOOD-CUM-IFORD, a parish, with a village, in Bradford district, Wilts; 2 miles SW of Bradford r. station. Post town, Bradford-on-Avon. Acres, 813. Real property, £1,655. Pop. in 1851, 605; in 1861, 469, of whom 114 were in Bradford workhouse. Houses, 75. The manor belongs to the Dean and Chapter of Westminster. The living is a rectory, annexed to Bradford. The church is ancient. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Bradford on Avon
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Potterne
- Poor Law Union: Bradford
- Hundred: Bradford
- Province: Canterbury