Westport St Mary is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire. Brokenborough and Charlton are chapelries of Westport St Mary.
Alternative names: St Mary Westport
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1678
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational, Particular Baptist, and Presbyterian.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WESTPORT-ST. MARY, a parish in Malmsbury district, Wilts; contiguous to Malmsbury town, within Malmsbury borough, and 6 miles SW by W of Minety r. station. Post town, Malmsbury. Acres, 2,036. Real property, with Bremilham and Foxley, £6,335. Pop., 1,615. Houses, 339. The living is a vicarage, with Brockenborough and Charlton, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £310. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was enlarged in 1841.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Malmesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Malmesbury
- Poor Law Union: Malmesbury
- Hundred: Malmesbury
- Province: Canterbury