West Knoyle is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1718
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1608
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KNOYLE (WEST) a parish in Mere district, Wilts; 3 miles E of Mere, and 4½ NNW of Semley r. station. Post-town, Mere, under Bath. Acres, 1,913. Real property with Chaddenwick, £2,591. Rated property of W. K. alone, £1,750. Pop., 187. Houses, 50. The property all belongs to Sir H. Hoare, Bart. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, not reported. Patron, the Prebendary of West Knowle. The church is tolerable, and has a pinnacled tower. There are a national school, and charities £16.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
West Knoyle Wiltshire Marriages 1719 to 1837 - View Online
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Mere
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Chalke
- Poor Law Union: Mere
- Hundred: Mere
- Province: Canterbury