West Kington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1754
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1606
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
- West Littleton
- North Wraxall
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KINGTON (WEST), a parish, with a village, in Chippenham district, Wilts; near Akeman street and the boundary with Gloucester, 8 miles NW by W of Chippenham r. station. Post town, Marshfield, under Chippenham. Acres, 2,444. Real property, £4,115. Pop., 405. Houses, 79. The manor belongs to W. Codrington, Esq. Building stone is quarried. Vestiges exist of a Roman camp. The parish is a meet for the Beaufort hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £417. Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is ancient, and has a tower. Bishop Latimer was rector.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Chippenham
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
Rural Deanery: Malmesbury
Poor Law Union: Chippenham