West Harnham is a chapelry of Coombe Bissett Ancient Parish in Wiltshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1567
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1567
- Salisbury the Close of the Canons of the Cathedral Church
- East Harnham
- Coombe Bissett
- Fisherton Anger
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HARNHAM (WEST), a parish in Alderbury district, Wilts; near the river Avon, 1½ mile SW by W of Salisbury r. station. Post-town, Salisbury. Acres, 1,130. Rated property, £2,129. Pop., 285. Houses, 63. The property is divided among a few. Harnham hill commands a very fine view of Salisbury. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Coombe-Bissett, in the diocese of Salisbury. The church is ancient and tolerable; and has a tower. Charities, £5.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Alderbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Prebendal of Coombe and Harnham
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1847 – None, Post-1846 – Chalke
- Poor Law Union: Alderbury
- Hundred: Cawden and Cadworth
- Province: Canterbury