West Ashton is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Wiltshire, created in 1847 from Steeple Ashton Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1847
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1847
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ASHTON (West), a tything and a chapelry in Steeple Ashton parish, Wilts. The tything lies near the Great Western railway, 2½ miles SE of Trowbridge. Post town, Trowbridge. Acres, 2,040. Pop., 314. Houses, 67. The chapelry is conterminate with the tything; and is a p. curacy in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £200. Patron, W. Long, Esq., of Rood-Ashton. The church is a neat modern edifice; and has a stone pulpit and a good organ.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Westbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Potterne
- Poor Law Union: Westbury and Whorwellsdown
- Hundred: Whorwellsdown
- Province: Canterbury