Tytherton Kellaways is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Alternative names: Tytherton, Calloes, Kellaways, Kelloweys, Tytherton Calloes, Tytherton Kelways
Other places in the parish include: Avon.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1815
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605-1607; 1737
- Langley Burrell
- Langley Fitzurse
- Chippenham with Tytherton Lucas
- Bremhill with Foxham and Highway
- Draycot Cerne
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KELLAWAYS, CALLOES, or TYTHERTON-KELWAYS, a parish in Chippenham district, Wilts; on the river Avon, and the Great Western railway, 3 miles NE of Chippenham. Post town, Chippenham. Acres, 140. Real property, £1,747. Pop., 18. Houses, 4. The manor belongs to the Earl of Carnarvon. Freshets of the Avon used to overflow the land; and they occasioned the construction, in 1474, of a paved causeway “for the good of travellers.” A Moravian settlement was established here in the time of Wesley and Whitfield. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £82. Patron, not reported. The church is modern.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Chippenham
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
Rural Deanery: Malmesbury
Poor Law Union: Chippenham