Tilshead is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1664
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1603; 1622
- Orcheston St George
- Chitterne All Saints
- Orcheston St Mary
- West Lavington
- Market Lavington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TILSHEAD, a parish, with a village, in Amesbury district, Wilts; 7½ miles N by E of Wiley r. station, and 9 S by E of Devizes. It has a post-office under Devizes. Acres, 3,990. Real property, £2,933. Pop., 500. Houses, 108 The property is divided among a few. There are several barrows. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £200. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was recently restored and enlarged. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Amesbury
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
Rural Deanery: Wylye
Poor Law Union: Amesbury
Hundred: Branch and Dole; Whorwellsdown