Teffont Magna is a chapelry of Dinton Ancient Parish in Wiltshire.
Parish church: St Edward
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: None
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
Table of Contents
- Adjacent Parishes
- Parish History
- Parish Records
View Larger Map
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TEFFONT-MAGNA, a parish in Tisbury district, Wilts; 1¾ mile NW of Dinton r. station. Post town, Teffont, under Salisbury. Acres, 1,440. Rated property, £1,723. Pop., 292. Houses, 63. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Dinton. The church is tolerable.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Teffont Magna, a parish, in the union of Tisbury, forming a distinct portion of the hundred of Warminster, locally in that of Dunworth, Hindon and S. divisions of Wilts, 5¼ miles (E.) from Hindon; containing 264 inhabitants. The living is annexed to the vicarage of Dinton.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
FamilySearch Catalog – Free
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Tisbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Chalke
- Poor Law Union: Tisbury
- Hundred: Warminster
- Province: Canterbury