Sutton Benger is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1653
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Langley Burrell
- Langley Fitzurse
- Christian Malford
- Stanton St Quintin
- Bremhill with Foxham and Highway
- Draycot Cerne
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SUTTON-BENGER, a parish in Chippenham district, Wilts; on the river Avon, 4 miles NNE of Chippenham r. station. It has a post-office under Chippenham. Acres, 1,173. Real property, £2,581. Pop., 406. Houses, 91. The property is all in one estate. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £285. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Salisbury. The church was recently restored.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Chippenham
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
Rural Deanery: Malmesbury
Poor Law Union: Chippenham