Stanton St Quintin is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Alternative names: St Quintin Stanton
Other places in the parish include: Lower Stanton.
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Giles
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1679
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1603
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Stanton St Quintin
- Leigh Delamere
- Langley Fitzurse
- Sutton Benger
- Kington St Michael
- Draycot Cerne
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STANTON-ST. QUINTIN, a parish in Chippenham district, Wilts; 4 miles NNW of Chippenham r. station. Post town, Chippenham. Acres, 1,820. Real property, £1,510. Pop., 338. Houses, 74. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £400. Patron, the Earl of Radnor. The church is ancient, cruciform, and good; and was once collegiate. There is a free school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Parish Register Transcripts
Crime and Legal Matters
Prisons and Prisoners
Census Returns Transcripts
Elections and Polls
Poor Law, Charity and the Workhouse
Civil Registration District: Chippenham
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
Rural Deanery: Malmesbury
Poor Law Union: Chippenham