Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: St Bernard Stanton, Staunton St Bernard
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1568
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Stanton St Bernard
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STANTON-ST. BERNARD, a parish in Devizes district, Wilts; on the Kennet and Avon canal, 2¼ miles NW by N of Woodborough r. station, and 5½ E by N of Devizes. It has a post-office under Marlborough. Acres, 1,979. Real property, £3,139. Pop., 358. Houses, 77. The manor belongs to the Earl of Pembroke. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £222. Patron, the Earl of Pembroke. The church was recently rebuilt. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £47.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Devizes
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
Rural Deanery: Avebury
Poor Law Union: Devizes
Hundred: Swanborough (Wiltshire)