Stanton Fitzwarren, Wiltshire Family History Guide

Status: Ancient Parish

Alternative names: Stanton Fitz Warren

Parish church: St. Leonard

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1542
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605

Nonconformists include:

Parishes adjacent to Stanton Fitzwarren

  • Hinton Parva
  • Broad Blunsdon
  • Stratton St Margaret
  • Hannington
  • Highworth with Sevenhampton
  • Wanborough
  • South Marston

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

STANTON-FITZWARREN, a parish in Highworth district, Wilts; 3½ miles NE of Swindon r. station. It has a post-office under Swindon-Acres, 1,391. Rated property, £2,236. Pop., 205. Houses, 41. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £174. Patron, the Rev. Dr. Trenchard. The church was restored in 1865.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Directories

Kelly's Directory of Hampshire, Wiltshire, Dorsetshire and the Isle of Wight 1889

Family History Links

FamilySearch Historical Records

Vision of Britain historical maps

Administration

County: Wiltshire
Civil Registration District: Highworth
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
Rural Deanery: Cricklade
Poor Law Union: Highworth and Swindon
Hundred: Highworth, Cricklade and Staple
Province: Canterbury