Standlynch, Wiltshire Family History Guide

Status: Extra-Parochial until 1897

Alternative names: Standlinch

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers:
  • Bishop’s Transcripts:

Nonconformists include:

Parishes near to Standlynch

  • Downton
  • Breamore
  • Charlton All Saints
  • Redlynch

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

STANDLINCH, a parish in Alderbury district, Wilts; on the river Avon, 5 miles SE by S of Salisbury r. station. Post town, Salisbury. Acres, 694. Real property, £1,057. Pop., 90. Houses, 12. S. House was built, in 1733, by Sir P. Vandeput; and is now the seat of Earl Nelson, and called Trafalgar House. There is no living.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].


Kelly's Directory of Hampshire, Wiltshire, Dorsetshire and the Isle of Wight 1889

Family History Links

FamilySearch Historical Records

Vision of Britain historical maps


  • County: Wiltshire
  • Civil Registration District: Salisbury
  • Diocese: Salisbury
  • Rural Deanery: Wilton
  • Poor Law Union: Salisbury
  • Hundred: Downton
  • Province: Canterbury