South Marston is a chapelry of Highworth with Sevenhampton Ancient Parish in Wiltshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1539
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1585
Nonconformists include: Methodist
- Hinton Parva
- Stanton Fitzwarren
- Stratton St Margaret
- Highworth with Sevenhampton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MARSTON (SOUTH), a chapelry in Highworth parish, Wilts; adjacent to the Great Western railway and to the river Cole at the boundary with Berks, 2¾ miles W of Shrivenham r. station, and 3¼ S by W of Highworth. Post town, Highworth, under Swindon. Real property, with Stanton-Fitzwarren and Sevenhampton, £11,536. Rated property of S. M. alone, £3,827. Pop., 370. Houses, 85. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £175. Patron, the Vicar of Highworth. The church is ancient and tolerable. There is a snbscription school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Highworth
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Prebendal of Highworth
Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
Rural Deanery: Pre-1847 - None, Post-1846 - Cricklade
Poor Law Union: Highworth and Swindon
Hundred: Highworth, Cricklade and Staple