Slaughterford, Wiltshire Family History Guide

Status: Ancient Parish

Parish church: St. Nicholas

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1813
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1619

Nonconformists include:

Parishes adjacent to Slaughterford

  • Castle Combe
  • Biddestone
  • Yatton Keynell
  • North Wraxall
  • Colerne

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

SLAUGHTERFORD, a parish in Chippenham district, Wilts; 3¾ miles NW of Corsham r. station. Post town, Chippenham. Acres, with Biddestone-St. Nicholas, 2,291. Real property of S. alone, £1,275. Pop., 141. Houses, 29. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Biddestone. The church is ancient but good.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Directories

Kelly's Directory of Hampshire, Wiltshire, Dorsetshire and the Isle of Wight 1889

Family History Links

FamilySearch Historical Records

Vision of Britain historical maps

Administration

County: Wiltshire
Civil Registration District: Chippenham
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
Rural Deanery: Malmesbury
Poor Law Union: Chippenham
Hundred: Chippenham
Province: Canterbury